Ventrals

Sara_01

okay so we all get a bit cranky when we get a spawn without ventrals, but what about when two ventrals isn't enough?

i should be getting this fish in the next aqubid shipment, photo is posted with permission but i'm not sure i should mention who the breeder is coz i would hate to turn anyone off their fish which are in my opinion fantastic, i own quite a few of their fish. I was looking at this pic the other day mentally critiquing him and then i got to the ventrals. is it just me or does he have more than enough to go around? the 'spare' seems to come out from beneath the pectorals and is the same colour... maybe it's an odd elongation of tht pectoral? i already have 4 of his siblings- 3 females and one male (i LIKE this breeder) and they have nothing wrong with them, i've also seen pics of about 10 others from this spawn and they r all fine as well. do you think it might be passed along to future fry? i could avoid doing a sibling cross

... ooooh i hear thunder (yessss i have 4 pairs spawning)

sorry

so what do you think of the spare and should i maybe just leave him out of any breeding plans?

it's realy raining now; spawn my pretties. go forth and multiply

edit: forgot to post picture link (for shame)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/sara...m1188054632.jpg

i think he's a gorgeous fish to start with. unsure whether it would be genetic or not. if it was me i'd spawn him and see if it is or isn't no point in avoiding him just for something that might or might not happen. if he's healthy and it doesn't affect his swimming adversly i'd be all for it... looks rather interesting.

hey, I think that if that is a mutation, it is a pretty cool one. He's a gorgeous fish. I'd give breeding him a try, and see what happens, but even if the mutation doesn't show up in the spawn make sure you explain to anyone you give offspring to that it might show up in F!

Good luck with your other spawns!

ripper fish very nice went down to the lfs just to see if i could find any boys with the same thing out of 30 males on display 3 ct's had it the rest did not dont know if that helps ya out but thought it be interesting to see if its one of a kind

cheers matt

Archived