Laser Corydoras ?

windyzz

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auc...&1188222713

found it aquabid under corydoras section, they are so coool. My first impression was that they are dyed with some kind of color.. but the little summary said its not dyed , its natural !!!!

I never seen these species anywhere, and my LFS are like " what the?? u mean like star-wars style lazerss?? " o_O"

anyway what do u guys think?? does any1 have these species b4??

erwin

They're quite legitimate - search google, you'll find some dedicated catfish sites that have them listed by species numbers, just like Pleco's... (I'd tell you where to look but don't want to get in trouble for linking to other material) - I *nearly* managed to get hold of a pair of 'green stripe', which are the same, but green, but got serious outbid by someone who just *had* to have them... they shoal quite happily with albinos, bronzes, etc...

Very, very uncommon in Australia as yet...

yep these are sold at the fish actions over in Melb, and they're referred to here as Neons.

Unfortunately I'm always outbid by others... but I have seen neon greens, reds and yellows.

Truly something to behold. :lol:

• 4 months later...

Laser Corys are awesome :)

I have a group of 12 adults + Sub-adults which I am trying to breed. They are fattening up really nice. hope to trigger a spawn soon.

Nah they are totally natural. Have already been bred by many aquarists overseas. Most likely a few in australia as well. People were skeptical at first, but the fry of the cories in question also attained this orange fluoro stripe over-ruling any doubt that there ever was.

• 1 month later...

Archived