Removing Sticky Tape Glue

brettc777

Hey Guys,

My father works at a factory and when they get shipments in of certain products... they are boarded up with big plastic sheets (that I’m using for dividers in a barracks) and secured with fiber tape.

I have been soaking in hot water to remove the tape but all the sticky adhesive still remains on the plastic and I’m worried it could be toxic and wanted to know if any of you guys out there know how to remove this adhesive... i want to use something that isn’t toxic to fish.

All help appreciated :dontknow:

If you dont' want to try solvents, you could try more sticky tape, or bluetac. Just get fresh sticky tape and dab it where the old sticky tape glue is - doesn't always work but sometimes it does, sometimes it just lifts the old glue off.

lol well i had a go last night... not much of a go really. I use metho... wasnt really working... then i read somewhere that some oils break down the ahesive so i used the suggested olive oil... didnt really work. I tried tea tree oil this morning and it seems to work.... need to have a better go at it!

If all fails ill just put peanut butter on it and eat it! :lol:

Archived