got my import bettas today

divy

yey i got my bettas today and wow i was amazed how active they are there all happy and active except the red ohm his just laying on the java moss but im hoping that he's just still a little stressed from shipping

these are my first hm's ive owned i got 5 and in next shipment i have 2 more coming,

in this shipment i got a red dragon hm, blue mask bf hm, orange ohm, blue mustard bf hm and a red ohm

they all arrived healthy and only the red dragon had bit his tail durring shipping

i have java moss on the floor of all the tanks tied with fishing line to plastic mesh to kind of look like grass and the blue mask hm scared the cr@p out of me before because he dissapeared so i quickly started looking around for him and then i found him he squeezed under the java moss mesh so i freaked and was going to move the tank and get him out but before i had the chance he swam out so i could do nothing else but laugh at him so i kept watching him incase he did it again and yep he did it about 5 more times he dosnt get stuck he just squeezes himself under it and then a few seconds later he pops out again he just made me laugh at the way he pops out

do you think i should some how move the java moss mesh so he cant do it just incase or leave it? he seems to have fun doing it lol

oh and thank you someone for all your help with shipping and so on :thumbs:

also should i treat the red dragons water to help with his tail? i have melafix and methylene blue or should i just keep his water very clean?

cheers

I love when my new shipment comes in and you get to see what the fish look like in real life :thumbs:

as for teh java moss "carpet" I'd suggest putting some largeish stones on the corners so that it weighs it down and he can't get under, cause one day he might not be able to "pop" back out again.

yeah ill do a 100% water change tomorrow

bettarazzi i dont have any IAL

iu know what you mean robbie my first imports and i got so excited to what they looked like in real life

good idea hopefully he wont get stuck under there tonight so tomorrow ill put some stones on the corners

thanx

betta endeavours how come your unsure if someone can get them for you? are you planning to get alot?

just an update im not sure if any ones interested but i am lol i woke up and was glad to see they all made it during the night and all seem happy in there new homes the red ohm is swimming around more but isnt really eating yesturday i feed them freeze dried blood worms and they all ate and even the red ohm ate a small bit this mourning i feed them betta pellets and they all ate but the red ohm didnt

when i woke up i was suprised to see that the blue mask,blue mustard bf and orange had made bubble nests

i didnt exspect the blue mask and mustard bf build one cause they are the two young ones and quite small compared to the others

I've been talking to someone a bit and when we made the arrangements it sounded like there wasn't a 100% guarentee that she would be able to get them on the plane because of how busy she was/is. She is putting them on the plane today though :thumbs:

I'm getting a green female, Plakat pair, Blue CT (not sure of the exact colour and not worried), a red HM pair and a Red HM DT and a Red HM female.

Yep they came in at 8.45pm and we had them just over half an hour later. Just getting them adjusted to the water before releasing them into their bays. The reds look really great, the plakat pair and the green female look the same right now so I'll have to wait until daytime and the blue isn't a ct but that's okay since the main thing was something blue and female :)

thanks branjie

i tried to take some pics but they come our blurry, does anyone have any pointers for taking pics?

when my female comes im going to have a go at breeding for my first time but i dont know which male to use

my female is a white dt hm any suggestins?

• 2 weeks later...

woo hoo i just got 3 more bettas from thailand which makes it a total of 8 hm's, i got my white dt hm female a black hm male and a turquoise hm male im so happy

i just like to say thanks someone and these 3 arrived heathy and well and not bitten tails

so i just bought a 20litre tank which ill use as a grow out tank ive got a 12litre tank which is the spawning tank and monday ill buy a air pump, sponge filter, heater and a few live plants for the spawning tank

the 20litre tank i bought is resun its got a built in filtration system but i dont know if i should use that to keep the grow out tank clean or just use the sponge filter so any suggestiong on which one to use would be great

in about 1-2 weeks ill start to condition the male and female and then the spawning starts

the pair will be the white female and red dragon male

oh i plan to keep a few females for future breeding and keep them in the 20litre

thanks windyzz ill throw up some pics when i work out how to take them with out it turning out blurry lol

on the bad side i woke up and started to feed the fellas and the blue mask bf hm has bitten his tail *damn*

i understand that they bite there tails during shipping because of the small bag there in and stress but why all of a sudden would he bite his tail now?

Archived