hi

thegatti

Hi there.

Some of you may have heard from me already, but I thought I had better introduce myself properly.

My name is Lieren and I have fallen in love with bettas and breeding them ( I caught the betta bug :lol: hehe)

my little bedroom looks like a lab at the moment with jars and fry everywhere.

I live in a little town called Wagga Wagga. (anyone else know where that is? :lol: )

This forum is awesome!!! fightingfish.com mentioned it a few times and I'm glad I came and had a look!

Ohhhh.... not very many.... Only 3 adult males. Lost a couple recently. 7 adult females. Then there's about 45 juveniles nearly 12 weeks old. And another 300 approx fry about 6 weeks old. But non-adults are not counted if you're measuring the extent of someone's addiction. That's a brand new rule I've just invented. :lol:

Yeah, Wagga is known as a city. It's just a very small one, especially when compared to Melbourne or Hobart (in tassie, I used to live there too!)

Bettarazzi.... Not many bettas sounds like a whole heap to me. Gee whiz, where do you put them all? Is your house infested with bettas???

I have a room full of the fishy things. lol. If I take them out of there my parents are not too happy.

Do you have them in jars? How do you keep the temp ok for them?

P.S I have poor organizational skills.lol. I would love to know where to put them all.

I only have 2 males, 1 female and 20+ fry, but it's a lot for me :)

I've got a 12 bay barracks (with 2 heaters in the back where the filters should be) and there's 13 fish in that one! (one lives in the back compartment)

I've got 2 spawning tanks including a 2ft with a male and female (under suspicion of being a male), the other one has a vt boy in it that I was given and had no room for!

I have my girly tank which is about 1 ft and a 3bay tank with 3 other boys and a heater in the middle. I've other tanks but I'm not using them at the moment lol. Oh and I have a 90l storage tub with elodea in it :) My lounge looks like an aquarium :P

Yes, I like to tease Stacey about how many fish she has but deep down I'm jealous, jealous, jealous.

This is where most of my fish live. There are only a couple of tanks which aren't visible. The jars are in three rows.

I'm going to have to reduce my collection severely very soon because I'm going to be away for 4 weeks. Probably only keeping a few adults. Going to have to start from scratch when I get back.

Noooooo.... I haven't done anything about the reptile cords yet. I move the laptop out into the dining room, or the sitting room, or the bedroom, when I get too hot. I didn't do anything about the reptile cords during the week because I thought I'd go find a shop that has them on the weekend. Well the weekend has gotten away from me and I haven't done anything. So yes the room is still heated. Fortunately I have some money set aside for the heating bill. It's going to be massive since most of this has gone on during the coldest months in Melbourne!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived