Sometimes it pays to be a lert...

Stuart Elflett

I was looking for albino corys... I found two tanks, one marked "Albino Catfish $6.95 - Bronze Catfish $5.95" full of bronze cory's, but no albinos... looked at the second tank, marked "Albino Corydoras - SPECIAL $4.95 ea" - trouble was, I could see no Cory's in there... I asked the girl behind the counter when they'd have some Albino Cory's back in, and she said they wouldn't order any more, because they hadn't been selling... Then I asked how much were the Albino Bristlenoses... she said they didn't have Albino BN's, just Corys... I said she didn't have Corys... she took me over to the tank of Corys 'on special'... Here's my new Albino Cory, busy cleaning some rocks...:

albino10.jpg

albino11.jpg

If anyone in SA wants a $4.95 Albino Bristlenose, let me know and I'll pm you which store... :(

Around the $17 to $20 mark, at most of the LFS's at that size...

Beauty with the Albino's is they stay much smaller than the 'normal' BN's...

I've also been lucky enough to have snagged a male there... will look at getting a female to go with him tomorrow... often there is only one male survivor in a batch of 30 fry...

See the red patch behind his head?? That's a male indicator, females don't have the patch - it's there on normal BN's, too - you just can't see it... otherwise, you need to wait to see if they get spurs on the nose, which is quite a while - mind you, he looks to have the beginnings too, on the second pic...

Archived