Piece of fin missing

horse_gambler

Ok apparently my girls are racist the blue girls are picking on the cream girls. Now my Cream with red fins is missing a piece in her tail, is there anything I can do for her? and any thing I can do to help them get along? how long does it take for them to settle down? the two blue girls were fine when they went in together, and the creams get along though the one with out much color is good at hiding under the marbles lol. its just the cream and blues are having trouble getting along right now.

can you get a pic of your tank? that might help us all.

Melafix is a naturally occurring compounds that promotes fish health or combat fish diseases also is useful for minor cuts and abrasions.

Indian Almond Leaf drops the pH in the water and hardens the betta’s scales. This works very similar to Black Water Extract -- only better.

(or so i've read)

If they've only been together for a few days then they're probably still trying to work out their positions in the group, who is the boss and who's the lowest on the totem pole so to speak. They'll calm down once everyone has established their position... they may have the odd spat after that but nothing too bad.

Melafix is usually available at any LFS tho IAL is a bit harder to get... you could try Black Water Extract as well, that should also be available at LFS.

I wouldn't be too worried about it, just keep an eye on them, there's always a few chunks outta my girls and they're fine :) they just learn to get out of each others' way :)

Melafix would be one I'd have on hand, also Pimafix. If you can only afford the one, I'd suggest Pimafix as I've had better success with that one with bettas.

I'd also keep some Multicure on hand. Not sure of a brand name for that in your area, but it is methylene blue, malachite green, and acriflavin or formaldehyde. usually sold as a fungus and finrot remedy, but it works pretty well on velvet and ich too. Very useful one to have nearby as they usually, and probably completely unintentionally, get ill for times when the shops are closed.

they usually, and probably completely unintentionally, get ill for times when the shops are closed.

Yeah... that happens to me too. But I think it's because when the shops are open I'm out shopping so I'm not at home paying attention to the fish. :(

Archived