new blue PK

Celeste84

ROFL! well he was sold to the store as a metallic blue....but i'll be damned if he's got a single metallic gene. but he has the masking gene, which is more important :) i just like the pretty colour :">

that and he's hyperactive when he notices you LOL

stace, yeah he had no problems settling in, he ate all his food first go! very active too :) so glad i got him :) i think i'm gonna breed him to my green girls, or the blue grizzle ;)

ned, i know, it's so hard to find a full masked irid these days! i love the traditional irid (black head), but there's no denying the masks are beautiful too!

i think HE may be a SHE :)

i put it into the photo tank to try and get some good pics. totally disinterested in the mirror. so i put one of my males in a jar next to the tank.

WELL it immediately barred up and started trying to get into the jar, no flaring, nothing except excitement. and now i look at it, there's a rather obvious white dot between the ventrals, and the body shape is more tear drop shaped from above T_T

still not 100% on the gender either way so i'm leaving the pair alone for an hour and gonna go back and see if the blue has started flaring or whatnot. if it is a girl i'm gonna be so dissapointed, and kick myself because i should have CHECKED for the gender at the pet store T_T

a while later THIS is what i still have:

100_6379small.jpg

100_6383small.jpg

i hope it's a guy! if it gets eggbound in the barracks i guess i'll know either way *sighs*

and yeah, he decided he hated the photo tank and wouldn't flare, just sit there or go up for air. back in the barracks and it's happy as larry. unco-operative fish :) i might put a small mirror in his barrack and see how that goes.

naw not their fault if it is a girl (heck i've paid this much for a breeding female before anyways), but they should get onto their supplier if that's the case, since they've been mislead :cheer:

but i'm still not sure about it :cheer: shows off for the mirror, but doesn't flare, and still no bubble nest >.< ah well, i should give it more time to settle in.

still very pretty though, i'm at the point where i want to breed more fish than i have spawning tanks LOL

ROFL! i discovered today that the reason the two spawns in the tanks weren't working was that the yellow girl in one tank and the 1/2g boy in the other tank were making eyes at each other - block the view and i have two nests and interested parties on the go in seperate tanks XD i have way more tanks and heaters and what not, but i can't use them as the house is on the market :-/ otherwise i'd have my dragons, opaques, grizzles, coppers, greens and blues all on the go as well!

i wish there were more breeders here, then we could borrow swap/breeders and spawns and stuff :P there was one guy on here a while ago (lives in manilla) called matt, i think - i gave him some half giant females (didn't realise they were 1/2g) and i really wish he'd get back online cause i want to borrow a girl ROFL!

well i think it's truly a she. i noticed the PK flaring at the mirror, so i dumped it in a breeding tank as i gave the male from there some R&R time. i had the female in the tank in a bottle, and as soon as they saw each other they started flaring. i let the girl out after a bit, thinking she'd just head into the dense weeds and hide, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. i was very wrong. they BOTH started flaring and posing and then the one i know is a female attacked the blue! it looked EXACTLY like when my girls in the 3ft tank are establishing rank :-/ i put the female back in the bottle, and they're still aggressive towards each other *sigh* not even a sign of a bubble nest from the blue despite appearing to be happy in the barracks.

i guess i should try the blue in a tank with a male and see what happens >.<

oh and either way it's a HMPK :) very beautifully shaped fins too! lovely dorsal :) i'll try and get some pics.

Archived