My Aponogeton Crispus is flowering!

I've had this growing in a 3ft tank for about a month. I set this tank up for my partner's studio which is separated from the house. My partner is usually busy in there when I get home from work so I usually only check on this tank at weekends. We've had a couple of busy weekends so I haven't really looked in this tank much. I did think there was a new leaf forming when I looked in the tank last weekend. But lo and behold! It's flowering!! I'm so excited that of course, I had to stop work on my fishroom makeover project to take a couple of pics to share with you. Yeah, yeah.... ok.... any excuse not to work on the rubbish room. But it's still pretty exciting, huh? I really wasn't expecting it to flower.

brilliant!! I love aponogetons. I actually bought another one today to plant in an open top tank, in the hope that it might flower.

I got a real kick out of seeing mine flower the first time!

This tank is covered so I'm really surprised that it flowered. I didn't think they would flower under the glass. The Heteranthera flowers regularly under the glass as well. Very sweet blue flowers. The only thing about the Aponogeton is that it's a bit too tall for the tank. I'm hoping any new leaves that form might be shorter.

My Aponogeton Tofus flowers from time to time, i always have the problem of the stalks getting to close to the light and buring themselves, the individual flowers on the stalk are really fetching, have you got any closer up shots?

That's just water sprite. The bettas crawl into it to sleep at night. I guess it makes it easier for them to take a breath at night if they're closer to the surface. Or I could be totally off on that theory. I only noticed it the other day.

I've left the cover off now so that we can look at it and it doesn't bump it's pretty head on the glass. I'm so astonished by this flowering. All my books say that it's hard to get aquarium plants to flower. I haven't done anything really hard. I didn't even replenish the CO2 after the first 2 weeks. I've done it now though. Maybe something else will flower.

im a florist but non of this seems to catch my fancy lol... i see flowering all the time though, maybe thats why. although, i have never gone into to the world of "under water" plants, so maybe that can be my next endeavor into the flower world... although the plan thats flowering does look very nice. it has a very interesting stem.

It's just that it happens so rarely. But here's an 'arrangement' that I think would look really good. A really tall crystal vase. Dramatic white sand at the bottom, but hidden carefully underneath it is the real substrate. An Aponogeton Crispus standing tall and flowering at the top. Put it in a warm room in front of a window where it will get a bit of direct sunlight. I reckon that would look real nice.

Archived