? about showing HM &/or CT

The entry forms arrived for the Royal Show and I'm pondering showing some of my Boys. Can I spawn them first or does that make them unshowable (after their fins have healed and they are over spawning)?

I'm asking because the only time I took Bettas there before I took my only Mustard Gas male (unspawned) and when it came pack up day he was dead. No sign of injury or illness and they were my tanks. So I need to know if I can safe to spawn them first and still have the able to show okay.

Thanks

I think it's better to show males that haven't been spawned. If there is any fin damage during the spawning the damage may not heal properly and they may never look as good again. If I had a precious fish that I wanted to spawn, I would feel disinclined to allow him out of my fishroom.

Unfortunately that would mean not showing at all this year. As soon as it starts warming up again after winter I'm hoping to get the spawning started out in the fish room (shed). I want to get as many spawns in over late Spring to early Autumn as I can and just do the odd spawns at other times of the year.

It is still a show, and chances are that although it won't be full on IBC, and the judge is likely to be 'just another fish person', you should still enter entire fish with no injuries and intact fins. They are judging based on appearance on the day, and that is what you have to present.

If you spawn them, that is fine, but they shouldn't look like they've been 3 rounds with mike Tyson :P

It would be great if people entered into the Adelaide Show. The past few years have been shocking i.e. hardly any fish!!

Have you read the guidelines and what days/times you are to drop off and pick up? I haven't been able to find that info for this when I look a few weeks back. Nor could I find the Classes information.

I get entry forms and info each year. I'm not suprised since a lot of entries are by a few regulars and considering what happened to mine and the lousy prize money I can't blame people for staying away

I'll see about possibly running off a copy of everything for you. I'll PM you if I can get that done if you like

Archived