More on IAL (Split from Fairy Shrimps thread)

lady0421

Are you telling me I could have been importing IAL this whole time?! I was wondering where you guys all get it from! Hrmmmm.... do you buy it only from Singapore? Through aquabid or ebay?

Is Terminalia Catappa same as IAL?? Otherwise, I get them at Pet City, $1@ for a big big leaf!

Or, you can get them in satchets. $10 for 6 satchets, each sachet treats 20 - 150L of tank water.

Edit to say:

Actually, I think Terminalia Catappa is the same as ILA, here is what it says at Wikipedia:

"Terminalia catappa is a large tropical tree in the Family Combretaceae. The tree's origin is controversial, and could have been India, Malay peninsula, or New Guinea. Common names include Indian almond, Bengal almond, Singapore almond , Malabar almond, Tropical almond, Sea almond, and Umbrella tree."

So yeah, Shannon, if you want some IAL aka Terminalia Catappa Leaves, you can get them at Pet City!

*nods* i rip mine up into quarters usually ^_^ even though they're "small" they're still the size of my hand!!

and yeah, i really like the lady who supplies my leaves, they're great quality and at a good price :)

I just readed something of the net about how you can boil them and put it in a bottle and when you change water just put few drop of those water u cooked with IAL.... O well.. I will just stick with the simple way...

I read about it too, I think they reason they do that is that they have a whole barrack system set up, and they boil the IAL into extracts so that all the jarred bettas will benefit from the it.

this is how you make a concentrated IAL tea, rather than just letting the leaf slowly decay in the water. I prefer to just chuck a leaf in, personally, but other people find this wasteful. each to their own.

just hijacked the wrong thread :dontknow: on fairy shrimp. anywho, i've found people on ebay and aquabid that sell great leaves for practically nothing! 400 large leaves for $14US, annoying with paypal and all that, but they arrived within the week :D

Archived