Nice Betta tank set up?

kitstyles

hi, all .. personally I'm from Hongkong... I use to keep betta as a kid in Hongkong and after I came to Australia to study I want to start it again but I found that its abit diffcult to keep all little tanks or bottle warms and I just want to share some of the tanks that I found in some HongKong betta website .. it maybe a good idea and just want to share all this with you guys ^_^ .. because I already asked my LFS in Melbourne to make me a similar one.. and cost me about 75$AUS for 1 that can keep 5 males in... (not include filter, heater etc) .. I guess its pretty cheap if you have many many bettas...

All this pictuers from http://www.hkshowbetta.com/board/... hope is ok if I post it here? :)

On top of the tank there is a auto feeder... the designer of this tank says that he could leave the fish at work place without changin water or feeding them for a month and the water is still very clear and clear....

DIY_001.jpg

DIY_002.jpg

IMG_0049M.jpg

All this tank is designed by RogerChiu from http://www.hkshowbetta.com/board/....

There is more pictuers on how to make these tanks.. if you guys want to see.. I could post the links.. :)

PS: btw I think is a gd idea to have that auto feeder too.. its gd for ppl will away from home sometime like me xD.. it last for 1 month + without cleaning the tank or feeding the fish ...

All this pictuers from http://www.hkshowbetta.com/board/... hope is ok if I post it here?

Posting the picture is ok, if you have permission from the person whose photo it is and you are hosting the photo on your own photobucket account or similar (if you are just posting an image from the owner's hosting site, that uses up their bandwidth and is against aaq rules).

We do have a rule against linking to other forums. We would prefer relevant discussions to occur here rather than elsewhere, but as the other forum appears to be in the Chinese language I guess there's little chance of the discussion moving off aaq, so maybe we can overlook it, this once! The other admins may have a different view though.

*hijacking the thread to introduce self*

Yup, I came here 15 years ago, but I go back to HK every now and then. I don't like living in HK tho, much prefer Aust.

*returning to topic*

I actually quite enjoy feeding and doing water changes - maybe that's because I don't have that many tanks. When I had my betta, I loved how he eats off my finger and play with my pen (he'd flare at my pen).

But I suppose if you have 10s and hundreds of betta tanks, that sort of system would come in pretty handy.

*hijacking the thread to introduce self*

Yup, I came here 15 years ago, but I go back to HK every now and then. I don't like living in HK tho, much prefer Aust.

*returning to topic*

I actually quite enjoy feeding and doing water changes - maybe that's because I don't have that many tanks. When I had my betta, I loved how he eats off my finger and play with my pen (he'd flare at my pen).

But I suppose if you have 10s and hundreds of betta tanks, that sort of system would come in pretty handy.

o... 15 yrs .. me 7yr already too and go bak once in awhile too -.-

Anyway Keeping betta in Australia is so costly... like the heater I bought 2 weeks ago... for 28.. you could get em for like half of da price in hk -.- and see that set up tank on top.. it cost around 500$Hk = 90$AUS now? and I just setted up 1 with all this filter and heaters its gonna cost me like 200 AUS$ without the auto feeder ...

hey KitzLovesBettas it looks like a very thorough setup but can you please go into further details of how it all works? i tried to follow the small thumbnails but my brain couldn't connect the steps

hey KitzLovesBettas it looks like a very thorough setup but can you please go into further details of how it all works? i tried to follow the small thumbnails but my brain couldn't connect the steps

The first 1 is more simple in the filtering system... the 2nd one require a pump to operate...

Hope this few tank design pictures will help u...

Tank_00.jpg

Tank_01.jpg

Tank_02.jpg

Tank_03.jpg

Tank_04.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

i feel u man...back in malaysia..bettas are so cheap...ive seen a nice hmpk or a hm..will cost around rm 50...which is about 15 dollars here? and equipments are cheap too...and considering malaysian weather is hot..we dont need a heater....i wish stuff here are that cheap :)

Archived