Meow! Share now girls...

Beano

Well, I just put my females together in the 20L mini-bowfront. It only took them 5 minutes to start squabbling! My permanently horizontally barred LFS mutt female is now this shiney royal blue/turquoise colouring! Black copper girl is in hiding (actually looking quite egg bound).

Hope they sort it out soon - there's plenty of plants and hiding spaces, but from my experience, that doesn't make much difference, if they want to fight, they'll find a way.

Ok, they've gone to separate corners!

Oooh, the mutt sounds pretty! Tell us how this progresses. I'm hoping to get some more females soon and they'll have to go in with my current female in a 2 foot. Interested to know if they'll eventually sort it out or keep taking bites at each other.

I think they take about a week to get over it, but if you take one out, it all starts up again! Last time I tried this they stressed me out so much I took them all back to the pet store and traded them for a baby oscar...

I've got 3 in there, which isn't really enough. I'm hoping to get 2 more soon. Either that or these babies might grow up faster now I have the big plastic storage container for the bigger ones to grow out in.

lol sounds like my lot of girlies :) though I think they all know each other now so whenever i take one out to try and spawn they all seem to remember their places... the biggest tiffs they have now are "get off my plant, I want to sit there now" and the other one moves lol.

They've never really looked like they're gonna kill each other, new ones generally hide for a few days before they get up the nerve to challenge anyone.

I love my girlies ^_^ so pretty.

Actually she's gone into the half way stage - she's got the black horizontal lines, but has more irridescence on now than what she usualy displays. I think she's got wild type in her, some of the wild bettas have those black horizontal lines all the time. I think in her case it doesn't mean stress/submission, it's just her normal colour. Her children look the same so far!

Archived