My Setup (As Requested!)

y2jdaze

OK as asked here is how all my fishies are set up at the moment lol

Yes they have even invaded my computer desk!

403882.jpg

This is my main setup... quite eratic really, as you can see there used to be dvds in that wooden shelf... slowly weeded out and replaced by fishies lol

403884.jpg

OK and here's my question.... I scored this the other day...

403883.jpg

but there's a crack in the back panel of glass... how would i go about fixing it or where would i get a replacement panel and then fix it?

thanks ;)

~Stacey

Does the crack leak? Ideally you wouldn't use it cracked, but it's not a huge volume of water. But depends where exactly the crack is - is it near a corner or right in the middle of the length of the panel? If in middle of panel, it possibly wouldn't take much water pressure to crack it more.

You'd have to find a glass cutter i would imagine, to get a piece that's the right size. Might cost a bit. Nice score though!

On a side note, I notice you have 2 spawning tanks on the go - are your spawns happening? I'm still trying to get my black copper CT girl interested, but I came home from work today and it seems she's got permanent horizontal lines on her. I think she's going to have to come out. I was trying to spawn her with the half moon copper boy I got from leela, but it's a no go. I was thinking of putting him with my yellow girl and spawning f1 with itself to get some golds but I don't want to destroy the halfmoon spread by putting him with a veil tail girl. Anyway, I ranting in your thread, sorry! ;)

lol don't worry about ranting :P

it's kinda a 3rd along the way the crack is... so i'm thinking it might be a bit much. hmm

yeah 2 spawning tanks and NOTHING happening... I had my copper boy in with a blue girl (who has spawned 2ce successfully) and she decided to beat him up so i removed her as he was scared of her.

my other tank i have one of my new ct's (the pretty blue/white one) in with a blue girl... only he can't nest at all :P neither of them seem to have a problem with each other so i'm just leaving them there for the time being and see if anything happens later on, he's still flaring at her and she still has all her colour and looks really fat.

I found out why my black girl was so stressed and not improving, seems the boy ripped off her ventrals. I just don't notice the ventrals sometimes... They're growing back though and she's doing great, active and zippy around her jar. She's quarantined until they grow back. Poor thing, but she's soooooo tough!

gah! ventral ripping!? mean little man, talk about woman bashing, was her wearing a white singlet and thongs? lol, sorry. good to hear shes recovering thought shannon!

oh and that setup looks rather impressive! certainly the number of tanks and volume of water you have on the one shelf! i gotta get me one of those :P

Yah he is nasty - I thought a CT female would beat the pants off a halfmoon if anyone was going to get injured, but he got her good.

Yeah the shelf is good - I need to get something like that. Although I do have shelving in the dining room built in, but there's not really any natural light in that room, and no darn power points either!

gah! ventral ripping!? mean little man, talk about woman bashing, was her wearing a white singlet and thongs? lol, sorry. good to hear shes recovering thought shannon!

oh and that setup looks rather impressive! certainly the number of tanks and volume of water you have on the one shelf! i gotta get me one of those :P

lol i need more power points too... every power point i have has a power board plugged into it and it's STILL not enough! especially with my fishies.

i'm assuming you're talkin about my metal shelves... $20 at bunnings for one of those babies... actually considering getting another one one day... but i gotta get that barrack setup fixed 1st!

i had one male beat up 2 girls and i've had 2 girls beat up 2 of my boys (one managed to rip one up so bad the stress killed him and she's a TINY thing)

ugh no luck for me at the moment... must be something in the air or water or weather or something lol.

thread hijack here....

are you using tap water? i've been having major issues in a few of my tanks until i found out that using the tap water here is like commiting aquatic homicide... so, luckily we have bore water in my garden and since i starting using that i haven't had a single problem! (still treating the water of course)

point being, perhaps your water is a bit nasty on your fishes' slime coating/stressing them out, which would also explain why they seem so adverse to the idea of making babies *just a thought*

could be possible i suppose even though they've all been used to tap water since day dot and i treat it with everything in sight! (water conditioner, IAL and BWE) maybe the last batch was more evil than usual.

since i'm renting there's no other way for me.

lol i know it's been hijacked... oh well at least this is a good convo :P

i'm STILL trying to get decent photos of my fish. darn camera is a dud.

but its nice to see other people with brown tanks from all that IAL :P non-fishy people take one look at my tanks and say "i think you need to clean your tanks more often" (inset angry rant from Shiona) but its always from that lovely urine-coloured water thanks to IAL *grumble*

yep i'd prefer nice crystal clear water but the health of the fishies is much more important.

oddly enough noone has commented on the colour (some tanks are worse than others) lol.

maybe if i toss some more BWE in with my fishies they'll decide to spawn *thinks*

lol i just saw it lying on a desk when i went there so i asked how much... don't know whether it was brand new and just came in or not been put on the shelf yet so i bought it :) couldn't turn it down for what it was, so many features!

My fish room looked just like your room!! I only have a 4ft and a 20L (that sits on my computer desk) at the moment.

Wanting to bring in my octagonal tank on the stand. But I promised to make over this room :)

stace, maybe replacing the entire back panel would be easiest?? if you go to the local recycling center/tip, you should be able to find some glass thick enough, and long enough, to use as a back panel :P

if you do, i can get Ian down here in the creek to replace it pretty cheaply :P he made my 3ft tanks for $75 when i supplied the glass, and that included it being double sealed, he added in the lids and cut holes for cords and stuff too. it may take a bit as he's pretty busy, but he's a nice guy! oh and he's also a professional :P he does window repairs, and all kinds of glass stuff all the time :)

wow that would be pretty cool Celeste :)

now would the glass have to be exactly the right size or would he cut down a larger piece to fit?

that would be pretty awesome if possible i'll look into it, i've got a few days off this week :)

Archived