Giant Red Cambodian HM pair

Phil

What do you think of this pair?

I got them from Robin at the Canberra meeting. He was such a nice guy he let me pick from his spawn which fish i wanted.

The mother was HUGE, a few times the size of a regular female, huge finnage and full HM cadual. I hope this pair grows nice and big!

A few of the male, he is a really velvety red with a pure white body:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And i *HOPE* that this is a female, i am 90% sure it is, anyone care to confirm? Her colour is just as intense as the males, she has BF markings, thats why the edges look ragged.

Posted Image

Posted Image

noice!! :rolleyes: The giants are lazy sods so make sure you keep up the flaring practice! You have a pair there Phil. See if you can get the "original" cambodian colour back. there are so few with clean flesh coloured bodies and blood red fins. Cheers, J PS - good work on the photos too!

Thanks for confirming that J, i was worried that in the hurry it was possibly a male, but wasnt fully convinced it was a female because usually you can see the eggs in Cambodians, mabey since she came directly out a growout tank with other females that she hasnt developed all the eggs? But saying that, i have seen females in growout tanks that look like they will burst! Thanks about the pics, it was abit of work, he decided that he would flare for part of the time, but then the mirror and female next to him werent good enough. Same with the DT male.

Here are some updated pics of the female, over the last week and a half she has developed a beautiful BF pattern, i think mabey because she was in a growout tank with siblings previously, but i think she is developing great :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks guys, i felt so lucky to be given this pair :) At the momenty they are still really young, even still they are around the size of a normal adult betta, but they have alot of growing to do, giants usually finish growing around 12 months so i guess only time will tell how big they can get, their mother was massive.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, here are some updates, the male is HM, i think OHM but i dont exercise him (have been slack, and he blew his tail at one stage, but it is healed now) sorry for the bad pics, i totally love the female and am so grateful that this pair wasnt in the barracks.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Archived