Fancy Goldfish

Mango4Jade

Hiya Gang! I was wondering if mixing fancy Goldfish is ok in a tank. So far I got 4 little Fantails. Im looking for a small pair of each...Oranda, Pearl Scale, Ryukin and Oranda. Max 2inchs from head to tail. They are going to be housed in a 4X2X2 with algae on 4 sides of the glass. You can slighty see the fish from the front of the tank but my aim is to look at them from the top. Grow them up then get another pond just for them :) What do you think? Mango :)

watch comets and fans with telescopes/bubble-eyes - they can pick at the eyes. Bubble-eyes are delicate and REALLY stupid, even for goldfish! If they can get the bubble stuck somewhere (usually the filter) they will! 10-20oC is an acceptable range for imported fancy goldfish. I have all the imported goldfish outside now - Ipswich temp range is 3oC to 30oC with the tanks sitting around 11-15oC at present. I find goldfish do better outside - algae and UV help heaps with health and colour. Cheers, J

Hi mango4jade. a variety of goldfish that are perfect for viewing from above and are i believe the queensland alternative to your beautyfull Koi are Ranchu or buffalo heads. these are japanese freaks that are IMO the best for top view goldfish . I had them when I was younger and have toyed with returning to these beautifull fish I love viewing them in bowls and pond. I had ranchu in one pond for many years with another of my favorites the pearlscale. And in a bowls i had Celestial. {sky looking fish} . this is a link to a good site for top view ranchu http://www.thairanchucentre.com/images/k7_02.gif

I think a good ranchu rules, and the babies are like cute little jumbo jets ...

Archived