Heat Pack?

Erren

From reading the pack, you poke the hole in the lid and attach the pack to the lid, with the two red lines facing the hole to the outside air has access. I think. Not sure exactly how hot you want it, that could get rather toasty.

i see. thank you. I received few bettas from someone yesterday together with these heatpacks. I forgot to look at how someone attached the heatpack on the styrofoam lids. I have throw away the strofoam box.

the heat packs are iron based and need oxygen to continue the exothermic reation. Once you expose them to the air they start to work. The trick is to have a steady air supply available. If you are using a smallish box - push a pencil through the lid to make and air vent. Then tape the heatpack to the lid so the pack covers the hole. This should allow enough oxygen in to feed the reaction. Always protect the fish from the pack - it can get very hot. Put some newspaper or shred on top of the bags. You can preserve an open pack by sealing it in something airtight. If you have received a 40hour pack from an overnight journey - you may be able to re-use it for the return journey. Do not get the packs wet - they wont work at all if you do. Cheers, someone

Archived