Hello Hello!

d_golem

Hi all my first post here :( I live in Waterford, WA (near Curtin Uni), have 8 goldfish (5 in a 200+ litre tank, 3 in 200+ litre greenwater tub), 2 bristles, 4 female PK bettas, 1 male CT betta, 2 panda cories & a lonely oto (his friend died of shock a couple of days after I got them) Just want to say hi :lol: PS: Why can't I post in the other sections other than this one? Do I need to reach a certain number of posts?

Thx all :lol: @Lilli: Yes as in the mythical creature :( How many Perthites are in here? I'm quite new to the world of bettas but I'm already learning much from websites (bettatalk, bluebetta, bettysplendens etc) and other forums (another betta forum, bettas4all, etc). Actually I want to ask what's the current condition of the betta hobby in Perth. Are there any active breeders? Are there any betta clubs? thx & cheers ;)

There are a handful of breeders in Perth, no clubs within Perth though.. but the betta community is Australia wide and we all interact with each other here and many quite often in person, so fish are flown back and forth, ideas exchanged etc. You can also show fish by either attending one of the shows that are held around Aus, or by sending your fish in to be benched for you if you can't attend personally. There are also a couple of Australian & international betta clubs available if you wanted to become a member & keep up to date with things. I have approached the Perth Royal Show committee a couple of years running now asking if they would consider a fish class in their show, but so far the answer has been a resounding NO :lol:

@Mouse:

That's good to hear. I'm not too comfortable on the thought of "bagging & flying" fish in an aircraft though. Sounds like too much risk involved for such a small fish like bettas, plus with added shipping cost :)

Perth Royal Show would be a great venue for a fish show! Lots of people = lots of exposure. Too bad they said no. Have you tried other venues? I've been living in Perth since 1997 and I can't recall seeing/hearing any fish/aqurium show here. That's why I feel that Perth ppl are not too fish-educated and need to give them a wake-up call :)

@Robbies Betta:

Hey ur in bettas4all too :D . I know my blue grizzle CT is not good at all, but him being my first male betta ever I'll be lying if I said I'm not proud of him ;)

What the hey, here are some pics of him :)

Posted Image

Archived