Bulk Food

lodo

I use a lot of live and frozen foods for my fish, but if I am buying pelleted food the only brand I will use is New Life Spectrum. It is one of the better brands of food out there, and I start my juveniles on the 'Small Fish Formula' when they are big enough.

Since I only have a small fish room, I don't need a lot of dry food. However, I believe you can get it in large buckets.

Thanks for reply, we try to feed a lot of frozen and live mixed with granule/pellets. Get them to eat a variety at a young age to help re homing if people are not prepared to live/frozen.

Will have a look at bulk new life spectrum, currently using their 'small fish' granules.

New Life Spectrum 'Grow' for smaller fish. I also use their 1mm marine pellets and have previously used their 1mm cichlid pellets. I tried feeding NLS Discus pellets to mine and they lost a lot of colour so I went back to feeding Tetra Colour Granules and Tetra Colour Flake to my big community tank.

We have our own brand of Fighter food at my work and it's easily the best I've ever used, out of several brands. Tetra, Hikari, Ocean Nutrition, etc. I have tried majority of Betta foods on the market and I won't go back to using anything else.

I don't know that it's such a good idea to buy in bulk. You want to be able to use it up within a month or two. Dry food is better fresh. I did buy a massive jar of algae pellets when I had a pair of bristlenose that were constantly spawning. But it was still way too much and I should have just stuck to the smaller bottles.

The stuff I buy is all in re-sealable bags or plastic bottles so the freshness is not a problem. I wouldnt say I buy in bulk but I will buy the largest packet/container of flakes or algea wafers on offer. Since I got my tank I am still on my first packet of algea wafers and flakes and it will probably last me another 2-3 weeks too.