Ginormous Guppies!!

Figure_8

I have just seen the BIGGEST guppies I have ever seen in my life. Not the dainty 3-4cm type that you see everywhere, these monsters were 6-7cm easily! These were females. Huge with fry too from the look of it. The male was much much smaller. They had just been dropped off by a guppy fanatic that lives local to the lfs and trades some of his gups for premium guppy food every few months. The lfs says they will release them for sale either Fri or Sat after QT. A 24hr QT is totally worthless as far as I am concerned, but thats the way they do things so I'll ring them back first thing Friday morn and hopefully score me some of those whoppers :) so exactly how big do guppies get? and is it just the females that can grow so large? Would I be able to expect any resulting fry from these females to reach the sizes of their mothers? Cheers!

I did! well 6 females and the only male. I was a bit disappointed when I got home to and they recoloured up to find that the lavender girls I had picked out were somehow left behind and I had nearly all orangy ones. I know that they will probably produce some of the prettier colours, but I'm still tempted to go back and get a lavender girl.

Archived