New Melbourne Bettas

Hey you all!

I was just at Exotic Aquatic (in Carnegie) with Adrian helping him with his new shipment of Betta.

He allowed me to bring a camera to take some pictures.

I thought you guys should know they are there before anyone else. ;)

I don't have room to post the females pictures so I'll just post a following link after each boy.

SALAMANDER BUTTERFLY HMPK

IMG_1282.jpg

and the girl:

GRIZZLE DOUBLE TAIL

IMG_1352.jpg

the girl:

MG HMPK DRAGON

IMG_1363.jpg

the girl:

SUPER ORANGE HM (I love this boy)

IMG_1404.jpg

the girl:

YELLOW PEARL (DRAGON) HM

IMG_1445.jpg

his girl:

SUPER GOLD HMPK

IMG_1520.jpg

his girl:

And lastly, he had some singles. I ran out of battery and couldn't get the best picture but I did get a picture of this one.

HM SUPPER YELLOW BOY

IMG_1536.jpg

Additional photos are linked here.

(Yellow Pearl)

(Super Orange)

(HMPK MG Dragon)

315 Neerim Road, Carnegie Vic 3163

And yeah, that Salamander is stunning. I was hoping to get a better picture of almost every single one of them but we were pressed for time!

Mind you, these pictures were taken the minute they came in so the lot of them didn't really have time to color and display comfortably.

I got all excited that there were new fish for me! (No nessy, new fish IN Melbourne) ....damn my egocentric breedername.

Riff, this is a great way for Adrian to promote the fish he's got, tell him he needs you in the shop to spread the word of what's out there - there are few places to buy this kind of quality fish!

PS the hot tip with posting photos is you can post up to 5 shots, then everything else turns into links - if you wait 10 mins, or someone says something in the meantime, then you can post again (its a spam measure)

Jarrod, I assume you realize these ones come through someone? Great to see some really unusual colours coming to melbourne, I am excited - hopefully Adrian tells people about this forum so we can all watch them grow (and BREED)

I think i'm a bit razzed cos it means that there's enough people buying quality fish out there, I wonder what they're doing with them?

Anyway - I should mention to Steph and Lilly that there are some interesting colours here for those girls - it seems the yellows are back in popularity which is great to see.

That orange boy is pretty special - I wonder with those black flecks, if he's got marble, or if it's just that effect people talk about with Reds and Non Reds, the black outlining to some scales?

Great post!

I think i'm a bit razzed cos it means that there's enough people buying quality fish out there, I wonder what they're doing with them?

I've been wondering this for a couple of years. I've asked someone before as well. The amount of quality Bettas that have been sold through Fishchicks, but I don't see any evidence of quality Australian Bettas being sold anywhere. Maybe I just don't know where to look.

it's weird, you can buy nice betta crowntails for example - from the LFS, maybe you get into them, do some research, and find someone's channel, and then buy some nice stock.

Dosen't mean you breed them by any means, and I do imagine that after one spawn you realize how much bloody work it is and stop.

But why bother buying a high end fish if you aren't going to breed? ...no, I can answer that... to have a beautiful animal.

Who knows?

Perhaps people buy them without knowing how to keep them, loose a hundred dollar fish and get so peeved you buy a dog?

Dunnoh.

Hey Ness, yeah I realize where they come from, just admiring. Great to see some quality moving south (into the stores - a few private breeders such as yourself breeding quality - problem is keeping up demand.)

It would be nice to see where all the breeding pairs sold go and whether or not they are bred. Nothing wrong with having a quality pair for display, but surely this doesn't count as the majority of cases. I have often wondered what happens to some of my pairs I sell - had one guy in particular buy at least 10 breeding pairs from me and one or 2 from Paul in one order. Surely they weren't destined to be display fish.

Did a quick search and found these guys. They say they sell quality, but always seem to be sold out lately.... Extremely popular, or tres dodgy? You be the judge ;)

I got all excited that there were new fish for me! (No nessy, new fish IN Melbourne) ....damn my egocentric breedername.

Riff, this is a great way for Adrian to promote the fish he's got, tell him he needs you in the shop to spread the word of what's out there - there are few places to buy this kind of quality fish!

PS the hot tip with posting photos is you can post up to 5 shots, then everything else turns into links - if you wait 10 mins, or someone says something in the meantime, then you can post again (its a spam measure)

Jarrod, I assume you realize these ones come through someone? Great to see some really unusual colours coming to melbourne, I am excited - hopefully Adrian tells people about this forum so we can all watch them grow (and BREED)

Anyway - I should mention to Steph and Lilly that there are some interesting colours here for those girls - it seems the yellows are back in popularity which is great to see.

That orange boy is pretty special - I wonder with those black flecks, if he's got marble, or if it's just that effect people talk about with Reds and Non Reds, the black outlining to some scales?

Great post!

Hey Ness!

Interestingly enough, I actually thought of the best way to get attention to this topic without encroaching on Vic or Melbourne Betta. I really should have just said "New Betta in Melbourne". I'll make a mental note for further change. Is this the right place to post a notice like this? I'm actually glad it got your attention anyway. :P

With the orange boy, I thought it was a bit of a metallic overlay up close. I know you can't see that in the picture but I will say that his color was actually a deeper orange than you see there. As soon as he was settled he became this SUPER rich orange. Quite an attractive pair. I think someone from the forum must have liked him. Adrian said that someone walked in this morning and declared "I'm hear to buy the Orange Betta". The rest are still there but it's gone.

I'll try to keep everyone updated on what comes in through him. I know he has some wild types and some guppies as well.