Channoides babies

Fletch

Sold the oldest pair to Josh. He is happy with them. Thought I would take a quick snap of the rest. There are a few that are flaring ect but no real color yet. Not far away. Got no idea how I will catch the boys as they declare themselves as once stressed, they are almost impossible to tell apart.

Can count at least 30. Dad is in this tank with them so I am pretty sure he has not eaten any.

377a1378.jpg

aedfe5ba.jpg

I honestly thought dad would munch. Or at least the bigger siblings would eat new fry. There are actually 3 batches in the tank although it only looks like two. There are also another four in another tank with mum.

@Josh......the girls are stunning when in spawning colors. I find it strange the girl you got off me is so different to yours. Glad you are happy with them. They will be my grand kids. Lol. :-)

Thanks. The pair I sold were almost the same size as their mother (we had a horrible time telling the boy and mother apart) and the ones still in the tank would be 1/3 to 1/2 adult size.

I recommend these guys to anyone that wants a go at mouth brooders, great fish. Will definitely be selling soon.

:-)

Ps. Stopped spawn log as it was never ending. Boy kept getting mouthful after mouthful. Once I separated, I stopped log. All info in there though. :-)

We had a day of fasting today (oops) and was about to turn the fish lights out when I noticed the fish were all schooled at the front, staring at me. :-).

3d5404da.jpg

Even dad joined in.

9011cf6e.jpg

613bde6b.jpg

Not sure if this is a princess or a show pony boy. Either way the others seem to like it. Lol.

338706a7.jpg