What a terrible waste of manzanita branches

briztoon

I'm sure that'll be the cry of the aquascapeists. But I like my fish more than my plants and driftwood.

Anyway, today I got around to making my next little creations to go in to my wild betta tanks. I bought some small manzanita branches from Fishchicks on the weekend with the idea of growing Java moss and Subwassertang in the branches. Unfortunately it looks like I gave away most of my Java moss in the last week without realising it.

Anyway I took some photos, so anyone who is interested could see what I've done.

3 small branches, each with a suction cap attached to them.

001-4.jpg

testing, testing. Yup it holds.

002-7.jpg

003-5.jpg

In one of the apisto grow out tanks.

004-5.jpg

Two of the branches sit out in to the tank, while the third branches up instead of out in to the water column. I plan on growing them in, in the apisto tanks, so there is fair bit of plant mass, before I put them in to the betta tanks. The idea is that the moss branches will provide a resting place of the bettas and provide fry some where to graze on micro organisms.

I like the form on them.

Ensure that the Betta will not rip the fins or get caught on/in the smaller branches.

Have done similar, but removed them because of fins being torn.

If the moss covers most of the ends you should be fine.

More photos the Betta.. :halfmoon:

Edited by somchai2500

Thanks for the comments guys.

FTS

005-2.jpg

More photos tomorrow or Saturday. I can't wait till all the apistos have grown out and are sold, as there is a fair bit of mopani rootwood with anubis growing on them to go in to the betta tanks.

Edited by briztoon