Guppie Shopping

les

I went to see a man about a fish today and can back with three bags full ( sounds like a nursery ryme but its true )

Blond Endlers

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

He just scooped out a whole heep and said that should do you.

Yellow fin Pingu

IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

so strange seeing fry move in there bellies and all there internal organs:blink:

Cheers

Les

Edited by les

Ooh I like the yellow fin pingu. I had to resist buying some guppies the other day. I love the look of dark black eyes on a lighter coloured body.

How many fish is it that you have now exactly *lol*

Great score. I've never seen a yellow finned pingu before. I think I like them. A LOT. Wonder what Matt will say when he sees your endlers? :D

Razzi, there is an interesting article on the development of the original Pingu (pink) line here: http://www.bulbnrose.org/Heredity/Pingu1979/Pingu1979.html

@ Razzi

Sorry it was late or was it eary? SPELLING Pinku's

@ Jarrod

MMMM he will have somthing to say. When I fist saw them I thought to myself if I post that Matt will be all over it LOL

@ Wild Nut

Do you mean how many do I have all up? over a hundred but I have quite a few in tubs espetialy fry growing out

@ Riley

You are more than welcom to some when they have there next drop Ill let you know and you can get Mum to bring you over to pick them up

Ill post picks of the others later tonight as I have a lot to do today

Cheers

les

Love the yellows, although I must admit, I am not such a big fan of the light bodied endlers as I am of the darker ones. Not sure what it is, I can see how great they look but just not my cup of tea. What are your goals for these 2 lines?

More pics of the shopping trip

I realy like this blue trio

Both girls look the same so pick of one only

IMG_0675.jpg

IMG_0680.jpg

I got a few girls with tails like this

IMG_0667.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

@ Matt

I will keep the endlers just as they are so there is a stock of them available the rest of what I got was for the genes that they carry Tail, dorsel, couler etc.

I have just a few more pics but when I say three bags full I mean big bags. Johnno was very generous. He breeds wip tails and Ls I dont realy understand to much about them but that is his real bread and butter and he ships as well. He has a two foot plus long red tail cat that is just like off river monsters it realy blow my mind seeing it.

Cheers

les

Edited by les

Nice neon blues ;) when you have fry of the yellows I would love some if you would sell. I had similar ones but they were tuxedo and crown tails, they threw reds, whites and yellows. Actually just looked and they really have nothing in common, I'm loosing my mind! Will post them anyway, maybe something you would like.

IMG_2750-1.jpg

IMG_2731.jpg

IMG_2090.jpg

IMG_2086-1.jpg

Hey Matt you know you dont have to buy Ill send you some when they drop I have to give some to riely as he has also asked. My Pinku's carry that tail gene like your pic and they also had realy long ribons Ill have to wait and see how these boys develop and I am not sur if it is recesive?

Cheers

les

Thanks Les! You spelt it right the first time, it is pingu :) and I think Merah is multifactoral or recessive so is ribbon fin. Ribbon fin males cannot breed though so you have to cross a normal male to a ribbon fin female.

Thanks for that Matt as I thought that it was a sex linked gene carried by the female and thats why you didnt breed the males. I like it when I find out somthing new. I have seen Pingu and Pinku used for these guppies but think it sounds similer when spaoken

Cheers

les

Thanks guys, I cant stop going in the garage and just sitting there and watching them

@ Razzi

Yes looking at the pic they do seem more pink in real life but the pic didnt realy show up the transparancy of them ether the yellow is just ammazing as it is so bright.

Cheers

Les

• 2 months later...