Short fin Betta pairs at crazy prices - CTPK's, Giant HMPK, etc

fishbites

My LFS just told me that AI have pairs of shortfin Bettas at crazy prices....

Shortfin Black Orchid pairs

Shortfin Mustard Gas Pairs

Shortfin Dragon pairs (mixed colours I guess)

They also have the above in longfin (I'm guessing they are VT's going by the price)

All of the above my LFS said you could get 2 pairs of these for the price of one halfmoon male!!!!! Can be ordered through your LFS if you want some.....

ALSO... Bay Fish have male CTPk's, Dumbo males, Giant PK males, Copper/Orange HM males, Lavender HM males, Marble HMPK males, Double tail males and females (VT's I think) available - don't know quality but reasonably cheap depending on LFS markup......

Edited by fishbites

Bay Fish is based in Brisbane and wholesales aquarium and pet products to pet stores all over Australia.

Aquarium Industries is the other major wholesaler.

If you follow the links above you can see the fish they stock but you won't see the prices unless you ask your LFS what they will cost if you order them.....

When they have fish you like - you can order them through your local aquarium store....

Thanks for the explanation guys, I feel all at sea with a lot of this stuff still... and yep I know, no Bettas out at sea! I am way out in the 'boonies' forty -fifty km from closest towns, and often here with no car as well... kinda makes acquiring finnies difficult, and you could possibly say I don't get out as much as I should.. hence the ignorance.. :blush:

LOL... they're heading north Yan!

Na na nana na :P

I asked yesterday for him to order rutilans for me but they had all already gone - you probably got them :)

They have a good range of HM males there at the moment - not sure what quality but they list MG (not true MG though), Red/Green Dragon HM, Lavender HM, Blue / White HM, Black / Green HM and Copper / Orange HM - all males but could be interesting.....

Edited by fishbites

We didn't get anything really. Ordered I think 1 of each pair of the splendens (at minimum), I begged and pleaded for the CTPKs... we're getting 3. As I don't work tomorrow I've asked for someone to text me what colours they are when they get there (I'm excited, but trying not to be too excited). I think 1 halfmoon as we just don't have the room for any more ATM, been a slow fighter week. As for wilds, AI (I think? Or Bayfish.. whoever it was who had the wild caught ones) only had 10 left, all male. Some fool talked him into ordering 3... Ugh. At least 1 is for a customer. The other two will sit here forever.

Edited by Yan

Which wilds were all males?

Did you mean the pairs on AI's list? My LFS said they weren't getting any in so I ordered a pair of black orchid shortfins to see what they're like.... the dumbo's (elephant ears) from Bay Fish are nice - bit small but very nice little Bettas - I got one last week.....

*facepalm* Tis what I get for posting at a late hour. Mahachai were all males.

I think it's Bayfish I got my pair of dumbos from a few months ago, they're very, very nice. Thinking of selling them off at the next betta meeting to someone who can be bothered to breed them though/

LOL...

AI have about 30 mahachai at the moment - not sure of quality but you might be able to get some females from there if you're lucky.....

I'm wondering if it's possible to get a dumbo CT.... would be interesting to cross the dumbo with my CT girl and then cross the fry back to the mother and see what happens....

At the moment? They were sold out when we did the order, I'm sure of it. :huh: That's why we went to the other wholesaler who had the wild caught ones available, then we got a phone call saying they're all males. Oh well, the fish are probably already at the store now anyway. I'm impatiently awaiting my text message with the colours of the CTPKs. If there's any red based ones I'll be down there ASAP to snatch the best ones, lol.

Dumbo CT would be quite interesting, imagine a Dumbo CTDT. with ballooning, now that would be pretty sweet.

Don't bother with the CTpK's

At best they would be culls from a combtail spawn.... short tails with no ray extensions... overlong anal fins.... my guess they are F1 culls from a CT x PK spawn.....

Really disappointed for my LFS - he can't get a credit so he's going to try to sell them - won't get any profit though out of fish like that.... he's ordered in fish for me so often and looked after me so well but these fish were just not acceptable - rejected them but still feel bad for him.....

Damn. Thanks anyway Wayne. :-). Can't believe a wholesaler can get away with that. That false advitising. Not supplying what's ordered.

Fish ordered....4 Frontosia.......don't have any left, might send convicts, they have stripes........invoice...$150. Lol