Lavender Big Ear Halfmoon Plakat pair

shiannechang

Greetings,

I'm not new on this forum, but was dormant for a long time. Very happy to see this forum has become more a active. Last week, I came across a pair of very special Betta at someone's, brought them home in a heartbeat!

They are a pair of lavender Big Ear Halfmoon Plakat! Hope you like them too!

DSC04009.png

DSC04016.png

DSC04018.png

<3

What a gorgeous pair! Nice form on the male. Good luck with breeding them - I wish mine would breed for me :D

@Busman - that isn't the pair I was after - I wanted the blue pair. Shrine had already bought her pair before the meeting...

Thank you people~

someone said that the big ears trait should breed true. But that can't be confirmed as this variety is still new. Not much information is available online.

I'll share breeding logs on the Gene Pool board once spawn is successful.

:)

Shrine,

Yeah, it'll be interesting, I would have thought a percentage of them would throw back to normal pecs, but then again if both parents have copies of that mutation - mebbe...... (i ain't no scientist)

Can't wait to see how they turn out, a lot of energy is going into promoting them in Thailand, you could be one of our dumbo pioneers.

x

Shrine,

Yeah, it'll be interesting, I would have thought a percentage of them would throw back to normal pecs, but then again if both parents have copies of that mutation - mebbe...... (i ain't no scientist)

Can't wait to see how they turn out, a lot of energy is going into promoting them in Thailand, you could be one of our dumbo pioneers.

x

May I also add as well.

I have one Lavender big ears PK male and I noticed when i bought him a month ago, his eye sight was clear. But, now he is One eye jack sparrow. I don't know anything about this PK strain but I like to know if the blindness on this strain could be a mutation as well.

I am struggling whether I should cull him or keep him.

I am not sure if his blindness will impact on his performance in the spawn tank.