"pure" endlers

Matt_95

Hi guys,

I got around 10 of these pure endlers today, I don't beleive they are pure, I don't think we have many, if any, pure strains in Australia. I don't like the colouring on some of these guys, I found one I like so I might save all the virgin females and sell the rest off and use this one guy to impregnate all the females so I get more like him. Enjoy the piccies. Please excuse the bad piccies, these guys move FAST!'

IMG_5122.jpg

IMG_5136.jpg

IMG_5142.jpg

IMG_5153.jpg

Endlers always make me do an inner *squee*. I saw some the other day in person, and they are so cute. I'm impressed you managed to get some decent shots of them. I like that first male, the orange really pops on him.

Edited by Wild Nut

Some of them have a coloured dorsal to, I thought that was a tell tale sign of a hybrid?

These are some guppies Sarah bought for me and sent down, they should arrive tomorrow, Sarah took the piccies not me, blame her *lol* *hides*

MattsFishh004-1.jpg

I'll be using these to create a new strain.

Endlers are lovely - I really like them.

Young Grasshopper, when will you learn it is not correct to blame your ninja master on everything.

When those guppy photos were taken, the guppies were stressed from moving, and in a scratched mini-tank thing. I WOULD have waited for pics - but a certain Young Grasshopper was getting freaked out not knowing what they looked like. :blink:

Edit: What.. you aren't going to show off your Betta I got you?

Edited by Sarah

I'm not breeding them all with guppies. I'll seperate out some virgin females to mat ewith the guppies and keep them seperate. I got word that there are now certified pure endlers in the country, they should be available in summer :D I'll be getting myself some of them :D

Who's got them? And how are they being certified? I want some too. The more of us that have them the better we'll be able to keep the genetic diversity. Can you let me know when you have more details?

The other thing I want is some wild guppies. Apparently there are some in a national park in Queensland which are in a quite isolated area. It's been documented that they were released there in 1910 which is before fancy guppies were developed.

A guy on another forum who is into getting those really rare things knows someone. He mentioned a group buy. If they are proven pure ones they should come from Adrian at Swamp river aquatics, I assume they come with a certificate or something? I'll keep you in the loop?

I would love some wild guppies!! How far away is it? I would love to get a few :D I was actually looking for them 7 or 8 months ago. I have some guppies reverting to wild type because they were thrown in a pond to breed, they never look like wilds though, you often get scizzer tales.

Googled it, to far. I might try find someone near there.