cylindrical containers for barricks?

ads

just went on a trip to the shops for some plannign and window shopping for my barricks.

i found that in chicken feedd their were 5.1L cylindrical containers for $2 each.

these are a possible choice for my barricks though i am wondering how this shape will affect the fish.

i know these will be less space efficient though i have also hear that spherical goldfish containers are not health for goldfish and they make them crazy. does anyone think i will have any adverse health affects due to these cylinder shaped containers??

cheers

The only thing I would have against them (apart from your mention of less water volume for the space taken) would be that curved containers distort the fish and make it harder to view them (or for them to view you!)

A couple of years ago I found some square glass jars at one of those $2 shops and bought about 30 of them - they also had transparent coloured lids so easy to stop the jumpers as well....

Edited by fishbites

yeh thats true, thanks fishbites

these are plastic which isnt exactly a good thing either.. if i could find soemthing like that it would be great.

and i hate shopping!! lol

I've been looking for the ideal plastic containers as well. Unfortunately, the cheapest stuff is not worth the effort, and nothing seems to be made to the ideal shape (tall square or rectangle of 2-5 litres volume). I found some glass vases that are rectangular 2.5L but at $10 each, this is not a cheap prospect.

Wonder if it's possible to get a perspex fabricating place to make large beanie box type containers?

well i would assume a bulk order of how many all the people we know that want these would work out cheaper than anything else wee can find, though postage will have to be taken into consideration

Ill take two hundred Thanks and postage isnt to much if it goes by road shiza just to have the right size container it should still come in under the price of pauls vase with a lid to boot

Let me know how you go

Cheers

Les