Fins came good

argylebetta

I noticed a couple of chocolate veiltails a while back, they looked allright in their skinny coffee jars but I did not have any money on me at the time so they stayed in the shop which usually gets in 20 to 25 at a time. A week later I was in there again just before a shipment was due and there were only only four left, including both of the chocs. They had started to lose their fins but still looked ok so I took them home and in a short time they came good.

This first guy was a touch short in his caudial and his anal fin was loosing it. When they came good I put him with a female I bred but unfortunetly the entire spawn were dead on day two. I had them together the same day as another yellow male and a mustard gas type female whose spawn are going great guns, tanks next door and all, I really hate it when you can't work out what went wrong. Will try again with them soon.

After I got him,

Posted Image

Going great guns,

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's his brother, I have not got a good after shot of him yet,

Posted Image

He's a worry that little guy Phil, he'll eat one live blackworm and wont touch the rest till your out of the room. Bloodworm he wont touch for half an hour. I wont have much hope finding the girl I'd like for him but I do have one with the same green sheen so will give them a go before the end of the year. Thanks Lilli. I love to get some choc CT and PK's. Having the fin types in tanks near each other would look great.

Thanks Rob. I take it you have a thing for greens :lol: Just think of the range there will be to choose from in the next year or so Mishy, what with the breeders of betta's importing so many good fish and all. The aquariums may even display them better so people can take them more seriously. It's gonna be a betta world to live in soon.

Archived