Take a look at how my tank is coming along.

fishfin

My tank has been up and running for about 6 weeks now. It's really tanking shape and the plants are growing like weeds! I'm not doing anything special like Co2 or even ferts and just using the lighting that came with the tank.

The residents are as follows:

3 balloon mollies

2 platties

1 guppie (can't keep them alive for some reason)

1 male fighter

1 bristlenose

14 neons

6 rummy nose

There is so much activity in the tank at all times and it's so much fun to watch.

The nasty balloon mollie who is terribly hormonal and rules the tank. I hope she pops her babies soon!

IMG_2120.jpg

My male balloon mollie who adores the nasty one above and will take a lot of cr@p from her. LOL

IMG_2155.jpg

My favourite balloon mollie who has a lyre tail which I am discovering isn't so common as the the tail type that the ones above have.

IMG_2117.jpg

IMG_2195.jpg

One of my platties along with the nasty balloon mollie. She does actually have a name but I don't think I can get away using it on the forum!

IMG_2125.jpg

More pics to follow

The tank.

IMG_2214.jpg

The neons

IMG_2081.jpg

And the bristlenose who has grown heaps in that short amount of time. He/she is actually now chasing away the nasty mollie to get to the food, hahaha.

IMG_2190.jpg

IMG_2188.jpg

These pics are of my sons crown tail fighter, Ruben. He has the most beautiful fins and they are so LONG!

IMG_2231.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the photos everyone. I'm really having a blast with this.

xox Leonie xox

IMG_2214.jpg

That Tank looks great fishfin ive also not had the best of luck with my guppies

i started with four girls and one male still have about 8 but none of the original fish just some of the babies that survived

i did have a lot more but they seemed to drop off one by one

i have to say Coburg aquarium is prob the largest store that ive been to had a lot of nice betta their,

only been once as its such a long drive for me but was deff worth a look.

I was at Coburg aquarium today, they have i think 4 really big (3metre squared ish?) conatainer things of driftwood in the carpark and more inside. i spent $15 on four small fancy bits imported from i think Mongolia. Its really pretty. They have a few varieties of driftwood.

That Tank looks great fishfin ive also not had the best of luck with my guppies

i started with four girls and one male still have about 8 but none of the original fish just some of the babies that survived

i did have a lot more but they seemed to drop off one by one

I'm not sure why the Guppies don't survive. I had 5 in total, bought from 2 different shops and now I only have one left. All of my water parameters are spot on. They just spend their time at the top of the tank and won't survive more than a week. I have a book which talks about the fact that they used to be a hardy fish but now with the amount of inbreeding, they have become quite fragile. I won't bother with anymore Guppies, I really don't feel good about them dying off.

My driftwood was tagged as 'Mongolian Gold Vine' I believe. It wasn't cheap, but I think it was worth it. It did not leach out any tanons and it didn't take long to make it sink either.

I don't know enough about Pleco's to confirm your suspicions. I did a google images search and from what I see, I don't think he/she is a Gold Spotted. It looks the same as the other 2 that I have in other tanks and they were all bought from different places. I could be wrong though!

I don't know enough about Pleco's to confirm your suspicions. I did a google images search and from what I see, I don't think he/she is a Gold Spotted. It looks the same as the other 2 that I have in other tanks and they were all bought from different places. I could be wrong though!

How much did you buy him for? From what i remember isn't a gold spotted pleco much much more expensive than more CBN?