Epiplatys annulatus

Chuckie

Hi guys

I am the proud and happy new owner of 20 of these gorgeous little fish, from Aquaristic. Thanks to Phil, Mike and Ricky for going along with my suggestion that we undertake yesterday's spontaneous LFS crawl! And Brad for telling me they were there.

I am not able to post photos of them but here are image results from google if you're interested :)

:wub:

I actually split them 10 per tank, rather than put all my eggs in 1 basket! :) . I think one actually has 11, as I asked for 10 per bag but that would have meant one lonely fish left in the store.

They're really colouring up in the tannin-rich rain water! I have some mozzie rafts hatching for them, as they are very devout surface dwellers!

These have taken over a couple of betta spawn/grow-out tanks. I'm having a break from raising splendens. All the jarring and sparring was wearing me down!

Great choice Lilli

These are perfect fish for the permanent set up,in a biggish tank (10 gallon with lots of plants)you end up with dozens of them even in a 2 gallon but not as many.They fry are very small,make Betta fry look like guppies and a pain to raise with paramecium/green water for weeks so do it the easy way.

They love BBS,mozzie etc not big on flake/granules.Good luck with them

What a coincidence!

I also have 20 and from the same shop.

I agree the colours are beautiful once they settle down.

Have noticed a few fry at times but wasn't set up to feed them.

My adults get Mossies,Daphnia and frozen Daphnia and frozen Brine Shrimp.

Such tiny mouths but well worth the extra trouble of providing live foods.