New fish from Jodi-Lea!

gulp

Hello all,

I have been after a mustard gas pair for a while now and someone from LFS told me about a pair she had. She put the video on youtube and when I saw it this morning I thought I must have them! I am not sure if the male is full 180, he looks a little under, and they arnt exactly what I was after colour-wise, but when I saw them I was really happy with the vibrant colours they show. I have paid for them and am eagerly awaiting their arival :D

He isnt perfect in showing standards but I think he looks beutiful :P

Here is a video link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE0luhwKOYw...amp;feature=sub

Jane :D

Edited by gulp

If you look under the video at the description, someone explains that she will not be responsible for certain things if we should be unhappy with our purchase of fish. Its all within reason :D

Hey - you are correct - the male has lost form a bit - not flared enough during my trip away. He is from Vinita of NiceBettas - so very good bloodlines. (www.nicebettas.com)

and yes - I can be a cranky cow - the stupidity of the world gets to me sometimes! : P

My fishies arrived today! They are really happy and healthy looking, and they look so much better than on the video! I have put them both in an 18 inch tank with some nice plants and divided them as I didnt trust him and they are flirting with eachother. The female barred up right away but I am not going to try to breed them for a while yet. Just really happy with them! The way they were packed and everything is wonderful!

Happy :lol:

If you google bettys bettas (I think) , there will be a detailed explination of the colour. It basicly explains thats its as if there has been an explosion and the colour looks like a gas cloud expanding out. Its hard to explain but the artical I found explains it well. It is rather complicated as the breeder who bred this colour first patented it and didnt want anyone to name any bettas Mustard Gas, and if they do they are breaking the law, but everyone still calls it that.

He is dark blue/black, with mustard coloured fins and they have black edging. Shine a tourch on him and there are irid blue highlights along his branching. He has an awesome personality, big bulgy eyes, and so does the girl. I love them to bits!