Hi fello betta fans

Alpha

I have just found your forum and first and foremost let me say that it is really great to read about fellow Australian fish keeping enthusiasts. I live in Toowoomba in south east Queensland and while I have not kept bettas for a few years I've been keeping saltwater fish but I'm looking to get back into bettas. A few years ago I adopted my first betta. He was easily the most personable fish I have ever kept. He was placed on my desk in a heated and filtered 10 gallon aquarium. When feeding time came around at six o'clock sharp and I was not paying attention to him while doing my homework he would flare and swim around his tank like crazy, obviously trying to get my attention. Sadly he passed away a few years ago and I have not owned a betta since. I am looking to start a betta barracks starting with a small number of fish (5-10) and see where I go from there. I look forward to having some of my questions answered and contributing to your forum.

Thank you, he was just like a human. At the moment I'm keeping a reef aquarium with the usual kinds of fish (ocellaris clownfish, gobies, tangs) and an assortment of corals. However due to a change in circumstances I'm going to have to change to something a little less high-tech, hence bettas :)