what about gold fish in a tropical tank?

lpiasente

Hi everyone hope you are all well. As the title says what do you think about gold fish in warm water??? I have seen this before in some lps and thought it a little strange but as I thought about it more gold fish living in hotter parts of australia would be in warm water without the use of a heater as would gold fish living overseas in hotter climates. Has there been a study of any kind done??

cheers

Leanne

They do best in cooler water but will do well in temperatures upto 20c.

It does shorten their life span plus unless you have a monster tank for some goldfish then they are best left in ponds. By keeping them in a confined space such as a tank you are stunting their growth. When this occurs They may appear to stop growing externally but their internal organ continue to grow until cardiac arrest.

I've also heard that goldfish don't survive as long as they should in warmer waters. I used to have them with some tropical fish, but was a bit worried that the warmer temps would cause problems in teh long run, so they're now in a cold water tank and seem just as happy in there :)

It does shorten their life span plus unless you have a monster tank for some goldfish then they are best left in ponds.

No problems there they are in a 450 litre. I did have them in a smaller tank but of course they out grew that so that is why I put them into the heated one.They stripped the back hair alge from my plants within 2 weeks they seem to just love it. I have been fighting the black hair alge for months

Waves G'day to Leanne

Hi Lisa