Yay my fishshelf is finished

Becki

Because I have my fish in my room I try to have it so the tanks blend in or at least look like they are meant to be there and not just popped anyway I can find some space :lookaround:

So keeping this in mind I had my dad build me a fishshelf like a bookshelf but for tanks instead :lol: The shelf holds 4 x 20 litre tanks plus smaller jars. It is a much tidier option for my room and allows me room for more tanks. The bottom shelf is free for my breeding/grow out tank and the top of a chest of drawers is now free for another tank as well. I have a fourth tank which is to tall for the shelf and lives on my desk.

Here is a picture of the shelf built by my lovely dad.

betta006.jpg

They are cultures you see :lookaround: Grindals.

The switch is the main light switch for my room. because of the height of the shelf it would have made it impossible to access the switch so we cut a hole in the back so I could easily get to it.

The bottle is diy co2. which is helping my nice lush underwater forest grow :lol:

Edited by Becki

The green scrubbing sponge that you suggested, They are going well. :lookaround:

Although my cats tried to break into the containers thinking that there might be something good to eat inside.

Edited by Becki

Hi Domn,

My dad took that into account and added extra support beneath the shelves when he built the cabinet.

That's good. I told you becuase I had one cabinet without any strong support in the middle and my tanks leaked a few times. Your tank are not too big for the the cabinet so it should not have any problem if you do not put sth. heavy on it.

Cheers,

Domn

• 1 month later...

What plants do you have in those tanks???

The separated tanks have banana lillies, hair grass and swords (can think of proper names).

The bottom tank has the same plus some... umm long strappy weed and and some strappy weed that looks like its been curled, plus some stock standard LFS aquarium weed.

sorry im terrible for proper names. maybe someone can id the plants in the pictures.

That bottom tank is mainly strappy leaved plants swords and duck weed now as im using it as a spawning tank atm.

I absolutely love this! Very well setup :P

Hey thanks :)

I love it!

Are you using sponge filters?

And how does one make a DIY co2 kit? :P

Also... I'd love to know what materials your dad used in this and how much it cost. I'm thinking of making one. :)

It is an old but very solid computer cabinet that we pulled apart and rebuilt, I'm pretty sure the wood is just good heavy quality mdf and the shelves all have extra supports on them, the back of each shelf has a hole for plugs and tubing and the bottom shelf also has a hole on the side for the power cord for the power board.

At the back of the base its been cut so that it sits over the skirting board allowing the cabinet to be against the wall.

Dad built so it can be fixed to the wall if we were worried about stability but its solid as a rock.