Ideas for tank with Congo and Neon tetras

Robbies Betta

Just looking for some colourful ideas for a tank with Congo and Neon tetras. was thinking of getting Guppies as they are easy to look after and highly colourful. don't want anything that is to much maintanence (sp?? pfft ) and want something that is similar in size to the neons or slightly larger, as I want to congos to be the main fish in the tank. I have room for up to a school of 5-10.

Thanks in advance

How about some silver or marbled hatchet fish (tetra family) to patrol the upper area of the tank. Congos tend to stick mid water and the neons liking cooler water will stay lower normally. That would leave your Congos as a mid tank feature.

well this idea has gone down the drain. my heater got stuck and the temp rose way to high and boiled all my fish, including my BN that I had from tiny lil eggs :( I think one has survived. might call it Nemo :D so I'm changing this tank in to a Goldfish tank (I can see Lisa cringing :lol: ) I want fancy goldfish, as I miss having them

yeah it does suck. I was away from home for one night and everything turns to "poop". at least I get to do a make over on the tank and inhabitants.

Tegs, I have to admit, the googly eyed ones are the ones that probably freak me out the most :lol: I want the pearl scale/pom pom ones. I know they're heaps finicky, but they're too cute :(