Louis, Inky and Sunan

Terribletegs

000yf25r.jpg

Inky's starting to grow back some fins...

000yedqd.jpg

As is Louis.

000yhskf.jpg

This is Sunan! We got him at a LFS that at first insisted that he wasn't for sale... weird. Apparently 'people aren't normally willing to pay that much' ($29). The owners had only a vague idea of what a plakat is...

They're all being treated at the moment for the cloudy eye thing, and I am watching very carefully. Any ideas? All the information online points to bacterial.

don't raise the temp when there is a bacterial infection!!!!! The bacteria will proliferate faster!

This apparent preference for using salt instead of medicine to treat everything is starting to worry me. If you have a disease and need to use meds, use the meds designed to treat the disease. If you have swine flu, you don't just gargle with salt. If you have tinea, you don't just soak in salt. Chest infection ... um, inhale salt ...? Well you can try all these things, but don't expect it to go away.

For a bacterial infection I would use myxazin, TC or triple sulfa.

Sunan is really cute, but I thought at first his name was "Suntan" *lol*

• 3 weeks later...

Photos rarely seem to do justice for the colours of these little guys, even when they are good ones. In the flesh Sunan is a gorgeous plakat, his fins have lovely mustard hues combined with a deep chocolate body. A real eye-catcher that one!, Brad.

Poor inky, lol its a shame they do that. A few of my stunners have looked like that after breeding. Once you choose to breed a fish, you cant expect it to look a+++ anymore. But then again, you get nice babies :)

I reckon we should turn all fighters into marine fish. that way they will not get sick if salt fixes everythin :P

(said jokingly, plz dont put fighters in marine environments!!!)

Everything is Plakat, Plakat, Plakat with Tim now. He keeps asking which female we should breed to get babies 'just like Sunan'. I'm thinking Dorothy has black skin under her metallic coating, so maybe that's the best bet for nice dark PK bebbies.

• 2 months later...