Fin Nipping issues

Hi guys,

I have a few betta males in the segmented tank you can get with a pretty decent sump at the back.....

Now, the issue is this....some of my boys for some reason look like they've been at each others tails, but the gap is only 2 mills.

Should I rehouse them?, how long before the fins will grow back generally?

Any suggestions?

What else is in the tank? Fully flared fins can rip easily if snagged and if they can see each other they could be flaring a lot.

2mm is enough space for a fin to slip through, but I'd look for other possibilities first unless you've seen it happening.

What else is in the tank? Fully flared fins can rip easily if snagged and if they can see each other they could be flaring a lot.

2mm is enough space for a fin to slip through, but I'd look for other possibilities first unless you've seen it happening.

actually, I think you just hit the nail on the head there.

They are directly in each others sights all the time....

Yeah, they might benefit from a rest :confused: Eventually they'll get sick of the sight of each other and realise they aren't a threat, but that tends to stop flaring and that can lead to collapsed fins and general boredom.

Do the dividers slot in and out?

Yeah, they might benefit from a rest :confused: Eventually they'll get sick of the sight of each other and realise they aren't a threat, but that tends to stop flaring and that can lead to collapsed fins and general boredom.

Do the dividers slot in and out?

yes they do :censor:

Archived