Some Odd Forum Behaviour With Links Etc

After trying to list up photos again it is apparent that there are a few weird things going on with links.

On some photos, the hash # is converted and STAYS converted so the link works eg NBGiant%231M.JPG hash has been converted to %23

On others it keeps reverting back to the # and the link breaks.

In the topic title all caps are not possible.

If I write (SOLD) the forum converts this to (sold) If I write (S O L D) it is converted to (s O L D)

Checked back and in other posts first cap after the bracket is changed to lower case, even though other words can be capitalised)

Is the forum using the Bogan's guide to grammar??? :tongue:

Cheers, someone

Ok, that is weird.

The upper-to-lowercase is a setting which we can look at again (the bracket thing is very odd, not sure why it is doing that!), but the hash is unusual.

I tried to access your pictures directly on your server last night, adding in the hash, and I could not see them there even with direct input, which was odd. Have you changed the filenames on your server since then?

I'll have a look, typing this out, it just hit me where things have gone screwy.

In the topic title all caps are not possible.

Hi Jodi

We did this deliberately a few years ago as we had a prolific poster (now gone quiet) WHO REPEATEDLY POSTED TOPICS IN ALL CAPS AND IT DROVE ME NUTS. She hasn't posted in years and removing the block on all-caps in titles it is on our list of things for the technically-able to attend to on the forum, but it's not been a priority. I'd fix it myself if I could, because I have not spawned a pair of "Hmpk's" (whatever they may be - and God knows how you pronounce it) and I am annoyed when the forum tells me I have. :tongue:

because I have not spawned a pair of "Hmpk's" (whatever they may be - and God knows how you pronounce it) and I am annoyed when the forum tells me I have. :tongue:

I'm glad it's not just me, I was worried I was being a certain kinda retentive :)

All caps would be cool, when you guys can, as I understand that it's not of earth shattering import.

ah ha - clears up some of the issues. Still a little unclear why the first letter after a bracket would be converted to lower case. You just can't trust those grammar gnomes. As if the underpant gnomes weren't bad enough......:tongue: