Feeding

luciano

Hey y'all...

My Betta has been feeding on Hikari betta pellets and he absolutely loves'em....in fact he doesn't want to eat the bloodworms i've been offering. Is there any way i can "train" him into taking them? and also, Is it fine if that is the only thing he eats (the Hikari pellets)? aside from his weekly pea.

Cheers,

PS: Are freeze dried Bloodworms better than live frozen ones?? :(

try offering some of whatever you want to feed him with the hikari pellets :) he might take a bite of one by accident and decide he likes it :P

I agree I've not had much success with FD bloodworms, FD BLACKworms however I've found fantastic :)

haha - all nine of mine go nuts for their FD bloodworms - I actually have the reverse issue with 2 of my new boys - they won't do pellets but give them the bloodworms and they are happy little betta's :)

I've actually found that one of the two will only go for the pellets if I get them totaly soaked and 'flick' them into the tank so that they 'sink' - he'll then case after them and have a nibble.

I think as long as they are eating something then I'm happy...

Yeap you can :)

made by Penn Plax (www.pennplax.com) - a 6.6g box cost me $9.90 from the pet store...

I might actually look for some FD blackworms for a little more variety.. I've also got my betta pellets from the same company... the containers are pretty cool IMO. :)

Archived