Bettas and baby Guppies/Endlers

finley

I think they'll only eat the baby guppies if you DON'T want them to. I chucked some betta females into my guppy tank because I thought they'd control the number plus get a nutritious snack but no. They would only eat pellets and the guppy numbers kept going up. If I was doing what you're doing I'd bet any money the baby guppies WOULD get eaten.

Maybe try putting a few in who knows as Bazzi said its kinda an opposite to what you want thing....I put 1 week old guppies in with new born guppies and the 1 weekers ate the bubs...whod have thought but then I didnt want them to eat them so.........

Are you running out of space?

Um, yes :)

Have you considered a tank within a tank setup?

:blink: Nope. Please explain. Sounds interesting!

Bettarazzi, I think you've hit on something there. Possibly a new law of biophysics. You could make a movie and make motser - The Betta Secret: Stuff that happens because you really don't want it to. :D

Wow, Jusdeb, what kind of growth are you getting in your Gups?! My 1 week old bubs can barely fit a brineshimp hatchling in their little chompers.

Fin.

For a tank within the larger tank you could get one of those net breeder contraptions. Depends how many fry you have. You can DIY by getting an ice cream container and cutting panels out of the bottom and sides. Then glue plastic fly screen material over the holes. You'll also need to glue cork or styrofoam along the top edge to keep it afloat. It ain't pretty but the benefit is that you get stability of a larger body of water but the fry are still contained in a small area which makes it easier to feed them.

• 2 weeks later...

For a tank within the larger tank you could get one of those net breeder contraptions. Depends how many fry you have. You can DIY by getting an ice cream container and cutting panels out of the bottom and sides. Then glue plastic fly screen material over the holes. You'll also need to glue cork or styrofoam along the top edge to keep it afloat. It ain't pretty but the benefit is that you get stability of a larger body of water but the fry are still contained in a small area which makes it easier to feed them.

U can buy one from the lfs. I got one for bout 3 bucks?

Archived