My new discus

lpiasente

They all only cost me $25 each except for the leopard $45 but paid $35 because I spent so much and the bright red melon $35. The bue diamond I got for $25 as he has some fin damage but it is already healing. The white girl is actually a red melon but she was the one given a hard time. Her colour is returning. They are all happy and healthy so I think I got a good deal :thumbs: .

Very nice. But the thing that struck me was how well that crypt is doing? Has it gone through it's fin melt stage and come back or did it like your tank so much it decided to keep all it's leaves? Quite an assortment of fish you got there. And quite a lot of them too. :thumbs: How big is the tank? Have you got a full tank shot?

Yeah the tank is quite full. Not as full as the pictures look though.Whenever I approach the tank ALL the fish swim over. I have a new one comming in November. Not sure whether I will get a 4 x2x2 of a 5x2x2 so there will be plenty of room for the discus to grow. The crypts are amzaing I have 3 and they all have gone crazy. No melt. All the plants do well. Dino dung and Dino pee.

Hi Mishy sorry just saw post.Thanks I got them at Oakleigh aquarium. They were in the cheap bin $25. Since been back and bought a couple of beauties not from the cheap bin:unsure: $55 bucks a piece but boy they are lovely. I saw the same size fish and not as nice in another aquarium for $100. He has a website and does ship interstate for order $300. New delivery arriving at the end of the month. LOVE your doggy. Shepherds are my all time favourite dogs. I had one for 11 years and then she got cancer. That was 4 years ago and we still haven't got over losing her. I went to get another from the RSPCA and came home with a greyhound cross. Can you see the similarity in the two breeds :D I will definatly get another one one day. They are the best

• 1 month later...

Oh thanks. I just changed it again a couple of weeks ago. AND Woooooo hooooo I just got a 4x2x2 today can't wait to play with that one. I have to wait for lovely hubby to build me a nice stand. Hey Mike want to come and aquascape for me :). What to do, what to do :cheer: :cheer:

Mike I was just tricking about the aquascaping thing. I was going to order my crypts from you though.So thanks for the offer. And when it comes time to plant I was hoping for some advice on plants to use. I am in love with star grass, can you get that? I know you don't like my driftwood but I thought in a bgger tank it wouldn't look so big and I can turn it over as it has a nicer side.The girls love it as it is full of holes and they hang out in it with their little faces poking out, quite cute. The discus aslo like hanging out under the cliff bit of it. I am looking for some nice slate to build some retaining walls to have some different levels and the discus apparently lay eggs on it. Maybe I can get some babies :D . I can't wait to be able to set this up. I have even spring cleaned the whole house this week waiting for it's arrival. Now that is mad isn't it :wacko:

That's great. I will have to get hubby into the shed from dusk to dawn until a stand is made. Then I will give you a call for some plants. How long does it take for delivery once an order is placed. OOO he said he can make the stand next weekend so maybe i had better really start thinking about some plants now. Would you be happy to choose some for me? I understand if not. Oh laundry, laundry laundry. Three boys and a hubby who works in an office laundry is the never ending story. I do have an ironing lady though :wacko:

Archived