Fishy friends for an aggro betta!

mat92

Hey ladies gents and fishies

Have any suggestions on tankmates for my betta... he's a VT (in case that matters) and he's kidna on the aggressive side... so are there any tank mates i could have him with AT ALL? Theres about 14L of water in there (not including rocks, plants etc... just 14L of water)

thanks

Could try Bristlenose...just give them lots of wood, rocks & plants to hide under in case he decides to attack. As long as they have places to go where he cant reach them they are good fish to use to get bettas used to tank mates.

i'm no expert... but im pretty sure clownfish are a saltwater fish... =P bettas are freshwater so i'm not sure they would mix... unless you are talking about a different kind of clownfish (im kinda thinking of the nemo ones lol)

hey just wondering

can betta live with clown fish or silver shark?

thanks heaps,

sam

Silver sharks are very active and are a schooling fish, so your tank isn't big enough. I have a bristlenose and a mystery snail with mine, same sized tank as yours. The betta follows the bristlenose around and stares intensely at it, but doesn't attack it, He's just nosy ;)

Archived