Restock a 3' coldwater

Callatya

OK, so most of the fish have passed on at a decent age. REMAINING: 2 x paradise fish 3 x rosy barbs 2 x 'feeder' barbs (green with stripes?) 1 x firetail gudgeon 3 x WCMM 2 x mosquitofish 3 x BN ( i only bought 2, so no idea where the tiny one came from??) 4 x gold mystery snails 1 x mussel 5 x platies 2 x swords 1 x betta OK, hotch potch, i know. Its the leftover/rescue tank. Almost all the fish in there are culls/feeders. What do you suggest to give it a bit more oomph? Dad wants more paradise, I'd like a hillstream loach, perhaps a few more feeder barbs? Ideas? Got any leftovers that'd suit it :cheer:?

YES bitterlings!!! They make me think of bream, I love them! I always wanted a coldwater tank of WCMMs and bitterlings. I think I saw them at Strictly at Yagoona for about $4 each, but that was abut 9 months ago. They would be tops!

My lfs has them at the moment for about $4 -- very nice-looking fish in a restrained way. Pacific blue-eyes are good value, and seem to get on with just about anything. And I've found black-banded rainbows (Melanotaenia nigrans) to be pretty robust: I've had 4 of them in with 2 goldfish for nearly a year.

Archived