My 120 litre Tropical

HBH

This is my only tank.

I changed the substrate last week from normal gravel to eco-complete.

The tanks contains a mix of fish like rainbows,tetras & some pepered cory's

Picture010.jpg

Please excuse the blurry photo,i only have a point & shoot camera & shaky hands LOL

Cheers

have you got a C02 setup for this tank? its a really nice tank. you need some blue-eyes in there hehe

No co2 although i do add seachem excel or Dino spit which seems to work ok.

Blue eyes would be nice but i don't have the room for them.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

LOL! they have Dino SPIT now? I love that company, they are just fantastic!

The tank is FANTASTIC! is that very happy java fern up the back there or something else? Can you tell us what plants you have in there?

How are you finding the eco complete? I'm thinking about it for one of my nano tanks but I'm a bit nervous as I'm not sure how it behaves.

LOL! they have Dino SPIT now? I love that company, they are just fantastic!

The tank is FANTASTIC! is that very happy java fern up the back there or something else? Can you tell us what plants you have in there?

How are you finding the eco complete? I'm thinking about it for one of my nano tanks but I'm a bit nervous as I'm not sure how it behaves.

Aquagreen make some good products which are cheaper than the name brands & work just as well.

Yes java fern is doing well,the other plants are red tiger lotus & some others which i forgot the names of.

The eco-complete i got is called "The live version" its not as black as i was led to believe.On a us forum they said its not the same as the old eco-complete.

Seems to work ok though & it keeps the ph at 7.00 which is good.It still looks better than the plain gravel i had before.

cheers

looks great - pleased to see plants doing well without co2

Good work!! Love the Rainbows!!

Years ago i fooled around with diy co2 but found it very inconsistant so gave up on it.

Buying/renting Co2 bottle & all the other gear you need is to expensive .

Using Dino Spit /Seachem Excel is a good choice for adding carbon & most of my plants do well.

IMG_0735.jpg

looks like you have blue stricta or some very large java ferns at the back.

i spot some crypts too i think... nice set up.

There Java Ferns which i've had for years ,they produce lots of daughter plants which i attach to rocks.

The crypts are Cryptocoryne wendtii ''Mi Oya'' they grow very quick & look great.

Cheers

Archived