got my new glass barracks today

divy

here is a few pics of the tank, it holds 9 bettas but with 4.8l each but i think im going to change it so it holds 7 bettas

so now the buying begins im going to get a piece of perspex and replace the back peice with it so i can drill holes for the drip system

i will update soon because i plan to do abit to it which include

obviously the drip system

blue perspex

uv filter

cabinet with lights

live plants

3d background

oh for now it will sit on my sub box (ive disconnected them) until i get the cabinet and i was wondering if thats ok?

cause as you can see from the pics the tank is over hanging on the sub box about 5cm on each side

P1010003-3.jpg

P1010004-1.jpg

9 x 4.8 litres = roughly 45 kilos of weight in water alone!!!!

Speaker boxes are not designed for weight bearing their just to house speakers and wires , they might be O K but do you want to risk it???

It may be a better idea to just sit the barraks on the floor for now. Id hate to see something bad happen to your fish / tank...

Very very nice!

Not sure how well-built your sub box is, but at the very least get a plank of pine to lay over it so that you don't have dangling ends. You'd probably be better served by 2 stacks of bricks and a plank of pine across the top to be honest, unless you know how that sub box is made (a lot are just tacked and glued plywood)

bettarazzi i was ready to send the money to a place i found on the net that makes tanks but when i was looking on ebay i came across this tank and it was local so i bought it cause it beats paying $100 just in shipping to get the other one sent to me

i built the sub box myself and i am 100% sure that it could hold the weight cause i used thick mdf and self tappers to hold it together i even stood on it and jumped on it just to be sure lol!

i was just concerned about the ends of the tank cause theres nothing under them

so should i find a plank of wood to put under it or do you think it should be ok?

im going to use a powerhead filter to run the drip system but i also want a uv serilizer and was wondering can you run a uv 24-7? cause i heard you cant

if you can should i use this uv serilizer to run the drip system cause it has a sponge and powerhead? or should i run a powerhead filter to run the drip sytem and have the uv aswell?

heres a link to the uv i had inmind

http://www.aquariumproducts.com.au/catalog...28&catID=51

pic

untitled-4.jpg

cheers

at the very least get a plank of pine to lay over it so that you don't have dangling ends

You don't want the edges of the speaker box to create stress points in the floor of your tank - definitely put something strong underneath the entire length to support the weight of the tank evenly. I would also put some styrofoam or high density foam between the tank and the plank - just to be really sure there are no stress points.

I think it will look great with 7 bettas - more 'tank frontage' each so you can see them better.

Kylie

I have that UV filter, it comes with a little spouty connecty thing that could run a dripper... I've been running mine 24/7... wonder if it's still working. That bit they show is just a piece of it. It's got bits all over the place, also it's only 200l/hr so it probably won't run too well if it has to go upwards much more than the connecty bit which is only abou 5cms. I'm thinking 400l/hr would do the business. I think 600 would be too much.

Don't you like your sub box? I'm not too fond of the white fluff, myself. Subs don't like water (trust me, mine are subfloor!) and are you worried about all that magnetism? Pump spinners usually have magnets, and what if your little fishies get all depressed from feeling that polar pull? :balloons:

if i do use that uv sterilizer filter will it be enough to filter the 100%? or should i add another filter to be on the safe side?

also i was just wondering why you suggested to 400lph? because on the page it said the 200lph is good for a 200litre tank

i know nothing about filters so im just going by what the page said plus i would like to use the smaller one because the large one is too high for my tank lol

i got the uv sterilizer today but the filter sponge on it is too small to filter my tank

the sponge on it is only 4cm long an 2cm wide

so what should i do?

do i put a large sponge filter in there or buy a internal filter with a powerhead and use that to run the drip system and just have the uv on the other side of the tank?

It's disconnected. I don't think he's going to be using them with fish in the tank. The main objection surely HAS to be with the pastel blue fluffy covering. I mean, really, who does that? Come on... fluffy coverings have to be pink! :dontknow:

ok great, yeah its going to be a display tank for sure im going to plant it and do a few things decor wise but not sure what look i want yet im thinking 3d background sand and a plant on a small piece of driftwood

the tank holds 9 bettas but because its a display tank im going to make it so it holds 6 bettas so you have a wide front view of them

im looking at internal filters now but im still confused on which lp/h to buy because i read 200lp/h is enough for a 65litre tank and then ive read i need at least 400lp/h?????

arhhh so confused

I think either of those filters will be fine. I don't think it's going to make that much difference to the bettas. But if you can afford the bigger filter it wouldn't hurt. As long as you can control the water flow and it's not too turbulent in their compartments it should be fine.

i think thats my problem im not sure how to control the water flow, i was going to use air pump tubing to bring the water from the pipe conected to the outlet of the filter to the front compartments and put a single air valve on each to control the water flow

is that a good idea?

or is there better valves and tubing to use?

Archived