My LFS $8.95 Betta

brettc777

Oooh... nice fish. But I want to see a flaring pic. And perhaps better lit. And would it kill you to clean the glass? I wouldn't normally complain about the pics that someone posts but a man of your photography talents and skills.... :lol: The bits that are most in focus are the marks on the glass. :lol:

Well I thought a yellow dragon doesnt come to a pet shop for $8.95 that often and to me was VERY cheap. Still trying to work out if its a male or female. The long ventrals suggest it is a male but it looks like it has an egg spot.

I was in the LFS when i should have been at work hehe, and I notice a top tank that had Blue Rams in it, Rams are quite aggressive fish but something strange was going on... a little golden fish was darting around chasing all the Rams. It would chase one Ram to one side of the tank and if there happened to be another Ram along the way it would chase it instead. It was very funny to watch Rams getting chased around by a smaller fish instead of the usual opposite with Rams chasing everything else around. At times it looked like the betta didnt know which Ram it wanted to chase. The shop attendant and I just watched and laughed at this little guy go.

Oooh... nice fish. But I want to see a flaring pic. And perhaps better lit. And would it kill you to clean the glass? I wouldn't normally complain about the pics that someone posts but a man of your photography talents and skills.... :lol: The bits that are most in focus are the marks on the glass. :lol:

The camera im using is a small compact as my bigger more expensive camera doesnt do really close up shots, go figure!

Also this fish wasn't staying still and plus it doesnt want to flare... even with a fish nipping at it haha.

Plus im lazy... which explains the glass! :)

OMg that is an awesome find Brett! I'd also offer my services to look after fish, if I had the space or tanks but I don't at the moment, although I have got a female tank that isn't fully stocked yet.... and I'm getting rid of 2 fish on Monday. Jess and Damo's fish are finally on their way to them! They are ecstatic. I'm sad to see them go though, I've grown attached over the past 2 months! hehe. That fish definitely looks like a male to me, he has a slightly elongated anal fin too and with those ventrals it's not likely to be female.

What would you breed him with? Or just hope they get some females in.

Just another pic. This is more focused, took a photo of the fish while its trying to wake up after my room was dark hehe.

Someone made me feel guilty about having a crap photo, i wont mention who ..............*cough*betta *cough*razzi. :lol:

I know the photo isn't much better seeing that its not flaring but ill try when the fish is more settle and actually wants to flare.

Fish2.jpg

OO with the white might make for some interesting fry.. I've got red/gold dragons....2 females and one male, u cld borrow a female when you get back if you like?

Mind you I should ask Misfit, he pays for them all...shouldn't really be pimping them out without his permission lol

:worship: Yes, that video was pretty wham bam... :) But you gotta admit yourself that those pics are much more worthy of you! :P He is a nice boy though. But you know what? Do you really feel that it's morally right to have only paid $8.95 for a fish that is clearly worth about $35? You took advantage of that poor innocent shop keeper. :P *ducks the whacking stick* :)

Forgot to answer Stacey's question... I'm not sure what i would get. I would hope to get some yellow dragons out of the spawn. I think i would being that the metallic gene is quite strong. Wouldn't mind some platinums anyway!

And Mike I begged him to take $35 but he wouldn't.... kept on saying $8.95 hahaha

I asked him does he often get unusual fighters in like that he said every few months or so. He said he got a purply blue and yellow CT. So obviously he got a nice Mustard Gas CT in with nice colour that stood out against the rest. I might give him my number so if he does get anything in thats good i can get it quickly. :worship:

Archived