Hi

Tara

My Children and I are new to Betta's we started of in September with a male Vt my son fell in love with in the pet shop, then my eldest daughter decided it would be interesting to breed them and not to be left out my second daughter and I fell in love with a Ct and just had to bring him home. Since then we seem to be addicted we have Vt's Ct,'s Mt's and short fin double tails not sure if thats what you call them but they are definately double tails. Our Vt's and Ct have come from a pet shop and the others have come from a guy that has a Aquarium Shop but breeds his bettas himself and is great with info on how to breed them when we first started out we spent alot of time in his shop chatting to him and he was more then happy to help.

Anyway we have had 1 failed attempt we lost the spawn in the first 4 days but we were also trying to work out which was the best set up for us,

to make a long story short since then we have so far got some large spawns but have had numbers of fry die off at 4 weeks of age really quickly. At this stage we have 1 CT/VT fry who is 6 weeks old, 2 MT 5 wks, 8 VT 4wks, Doubletails 1 wk and CT's 1 day old.

Sorry about the long intro.

Tara

we love intros :dontknow: and we'd love to see some pictures of your betta family :drool: we do love piccies here :(

Don't worry we've all had our spawning disasters... What are your spawning methods, maybe we can figure out why they are dying, (I think I've finally worked out the reason mine were!)

~Stacey

yes at this stage I breed outside, it was an idea given to me by a guy that breeds all his own that way and own's his own shop.

The only problem is the mozzies love it ,great for fry not so great for family.

When I have the extra funds and ny hubby is home long enough we plan to set up in the garage.

Tara

Archived