New member in Sydney

mjd271169

Hi Everyone

I have been searching on the net for a few weeks and came across this site, found heaps of useful information so thought I would register so that I could ask questions too.

Never kept fish before and am just getting in to it as I bought a fish tank for my 3 year old, got an Aqua One 380 which I am now regretting a little as after going on line I have realised its a pretty small tank so my options will be limited.

Often wondered why people who I knew that kept fish had more than one tank, now I am beggining to see why as the more I look in to what fish to buy the more I realise there are so many that I am already thinking how big my next tank will be and where to put it.

Hi there! Welcome to AAQ. Yup, fishkeeping is pretty addictive. There's lots you can do with a small tank. Heavily planted with a variety of crypts with a single Copper halfmoon betta and a few Harlequin rasboras as tank mates could look really nice. Hmm... actually I might just use that idea myself. :lol: Anyway, you'll find lots of ideas here. I'm sure you'll have fun with your new hobby.

Michael

Welcome, I hope you find all of the advice you need. Starting up can be pretty daunting, but researching and asking questions is the best way to prevent costly mistakes. I hope you enjoy your time here.

P.S. A small tank is fine, as long as you buy fish that don't grow too big, and the right amount for the tank. Small tanks can gook great.

Archived