My little Betta

Betta_Lover19

As most of u know i got a male betta 2-3 mths ago and i posted a msg to find out how to help him with his tail rot and if i was generally looking after him ok. Well he seemed like he was recovering to me and others that dont see him every day said he looked better as his tail seemed a bit fuller. Then i went away for 2 days and came back to him looking like **** again worse then b4. So i cleaned him out and discovered that the live plant was falling apart and kinda gross.Could that be the cause of his slite hick up? i put the plastic plant back in and its been a bout 2 weeks and he looks to be back on track again. Or did he just miss me LOL :giggle:

he could miss you. I know that bettas can become attached to their owners :giggle: they can recognise different people :D

but yes the rotting plant won't have helped! I don't know if it's the full story but it definitely won't help to have things rotting in the tank :D

Why was the plant rotting? What kind of plant was it and did you feed it?

I know all my Bettas know me....as the woman who bringeth food. Even the fish in my community tanks congregate around the side of the tank I'm on whenever I go near it, and my 4 week old fry have started doing the same...as soon as I turn the light on in the morning all the gigantors start to dart towards the top right hand side as I always start feeding them from there and make my way to the left side. No wonder they are so big...they have an advantage over the smaller, dumber ones in knowing where all the food is going to start coming from!!

I'm glad to hear he is doing better! *speaks in little Betta voice* ' Don't ever leave me again Mummy, I was scared and this plant thing kept stalking me and just started dying, I didn't know what to do!'

ok I seriously need to get a life outside of my own head and thinking how Bettas would sound if they could talk...um ok I'm losing the plot...just ignore me :(

they definetly recognise you, mine tend to not accept food from kristian :(:( well except for the females coz they are pigs, actually i get kinda scared when im on the computer coz they comp is in the corner of the room and the 4ft female tank is on the wall behind me, i turn around and there's about 25 females going nuts in the corner of the tank nearest me, all watching me with a hungry look in their eye's. i'm so glad that tank is securely lidded

:( I'd go away for a week and my 1st betta CJ would absolutely sulk... when I returned he'd be smashing himself up against the glass *MUMMY MUMMY! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH* style :( wanting his pats (yes he let me pat him, he loved me stroking him on the side with my finger) and kisses (yes i used to kiss the side of his tank and he'd sit there for it :P)

I really need a life outside bettas lol

My 5 week fry are starting to get the idea of food now :( If I haven't fed them for ages they start lurking around the top looking for food, they're even starting to react to me :)

Such smart little buggas :P

hey guys thanks for all ur replies

Yeah my goldfish are the same as soon as they see movement there begging for food

i think my little guy does love me lol i cant go in the room his in with out him doing a little jig when i look at him. his hard to check to see if his getting better coz he wont keep still when he sees me. LOL But i love him.

And u guys dont sound like ur going crazy im the same with all my pets lol :)

:) Mine do the same, but one in particular only does this when he sees the food try in my hand- he zips up fast to the top, flips on his side and flitters all the way across the top of the tank **water splashes** and then flips on the other side and does the same back and forth until he gets a mouthful, and does it again- So Funny :) Then when i put the tray down on the bench in front of the tank, he darts down to the bottom and stares at it!

wow... all your bettas are so attached. I wish my boy would do something special like that. All my boy does is flare at me when he wants his food, eats it and goes on his merry way around his tank once his finished.. *sigh* maybe i havnt had my boy for long enough yet? ive had him for 2 months now? what about you guys?

oh.. also sorry for hijacking the thread ^^"

Hi mal, i get mine from someone who gets them from Jodie- so they are of good stock. The one i just mentioned got very sick just after we got him, thanks to the introduction of plants and a snail from the LPS that had flukes. So after 3 weeks of treatment he got what i suspect was columnaris- more treatment. Then just a few days after all that as his immune system was down he got a bad dose of white spot from the town water. LOL. So another 3 weeks of treatment.

After all this he was so used to me handling him, its like he has connected with us (if that doesnt sound crazy!) He is our special baby, so i guess thats why he does these little dances! Hes been happy and healthy for months now.

Archived